[26] The Wishes

He entered the room slowly.

The air turned so heavy, it was hard to breathe.

I couldn't look up or down. Eyes were stuck on the pillar of the canopy bed. The sunlight was falling it with slowly taking a turn as the time passed.

He walked around the large bed, just like last night.

I gulped slowly and collected my legs.

He reached my side of the bed and kneeled again.

I blinked, listening to him clearing his throat and breathing heavily.

"My mate was forced to leave her human world, her pack, her dreams and luxuries for me," he began in his deep voice. He sounded firm yet so sad. "I was on the verge of breaking. My sisters died in longing for their mates. I thought I would die too and then, I smelled you."

My eyes started burning and throat was shaking. I controlled. I tried to and I failed. The tears slid down softly on my cheeks.

He watched.

"You are gifted to me after years of pain and longing, my mate. My hope was fading. My life didn't hold a meaning. I was just living for my family. For my pup."

I sniffled, chewing my lip while staring at the foot of the bed.

"But now, you are here. I have never seen a human before. I do not belong to the world you have grown in. I just know that one thing must definitely in common in every world. The love."

I clutched the skirt in my fists. My anger and pain rising slowly.

"I have hurt my mate and I will heal her pain. I will do anything she will ask of me. Anything. Except for her to cross the border. It will kill us. Except for letting go of my pup that I love as much as I would love our pups, my mate."

I cringed and clenched my jaws. "I just want one thing from you," I said, revising the words in my mind that I had thought after processing everything that had happened.

In the end, I had to be logical and clever. I had survive this mess and get out of this pack. And I had to control my heartbeats from skipping whenever I'd lie.

He sucked in a huge breathe before releasing it with a hum.

Looking at him, I watched him trying not to blink. His nostrils flared in longing while expressions stayed firm and confident.

The circles under his eyes were pink and deep, telling me that he hadn't slept the night. His hair were entangled and tied into a messy bun on the top.

I blinked, lowering my eyes and wiping my cheeks. "I want to go the temple," I said, looking up at him.

He blinked while thinking deeply. "The second day after full moon, we were about to go there only. The females are allowed to come back home-"

"I want us to leave tomorrow." I said, my voice shaking slightly.

His whole face was drowning me in guilt of whatever mess he himself was in. But I had not taken the duty of handling the burden of people's mistakes on my head. I had been bitter to him.

My tongue felt sour for being so mean to him. But in the end, I was the one stuck here, away from home and family. I was the one suffering more.

"Tomorrow?" He kept his face calm, eyebrows twitching slightly.

I nodded, remembering Chelsea's words. "So, we can reach there on the full moon."

His eyebrows narrowed and mouth parted in confusion. He seemed innocent and blank. "Sister won't allow us to be there. We can't go there on full moon night. She will be angry."