[35] The Temple Tales VI : Wails And Wandering

The girl was still banging the doors.

"Let me out! Let me go!" She screeched and cried her heart out.

While I was terror-stricken standing there, watching the empty space in front of me.

I knew that I saw those six women. I believed myself. But I couldn't believe my own eyes now.

The floor beneath my feet felt like sliding away slowly.

"Let me go, Severa!" The girl yelled at the top of her lungs and let out a heart-wrenching sob.

I flinched and felt the shivers running down my spine. Turning around to look at the door in the darkness, I couldn't even make out the slightest shape of objects.

I hadn't heard that voice before, it seemed. Or even if I did, then I had never heard this girl screaming before. Now I couldn't guess who she was.

But she was definitely not Rosetta or Noira.

"Severa!" The girl cried while letting out the loudest scream.

I thought of walking towards her in worry but the sound of loud footsteps rushing echoed around. I had to hide.

So, I ran towards the left turn, directly opposite to the corridor from where someone was calling my name moments ago.

There was a big metal pot lying like a showpiece there. I kneeled behind it while hearing the loud screams echoing everywhere. But then I caught the lantern's light spreading around. Biting my tongue in nervousness, I hurriedly got up and put it inside the metal pot. Covering the mouth of the pot with the hem of my cloak, I sat behind it while glancing up at the ceiling.

The light wasn't bright enough to catch attention. But they were Lycans. I couldn't hide for long.

"Oh dear, no." The voices came along with the foot sounds. They were coming from the stairs to run towards the girl.

"No! Stop! Hold her hands or she will rip all of her hair!" One of them yelled.

The screams turned into wails as they tried to get a hold of her while I gulped hard.

The atmosphere felt so disturbing and scary. Because like the background music, I could hear the same screams coming from the upstairs. They were echoing as if there were more girls getting desperate to leave this temple.

"We shall take her to the room and chain her up." A heavy voice echoed while I cupped my mouth. My eyes widened in shock.

"Two are tied already. This one will create more havoc like the old times. She is getting worse with each moon." The other girl said while my eyes narrowed in curiosity.

"Yes. If Sister Lucine wakes up from her chants, she will be furious. We all know what she will do then. She won't allow any of us to go out the next moon." A velvety voice said that sounded like Alma and I was guessing already.

"No. No. No. We can not let that happen. That's the best thing we can afford here. We need to silence her."

"Let me go! I need to see my mate!" The girl let out the loudest sob while I tilted my head to rest on the wall.

"Then, must we give her the sleep potion."

It was Emily. It was her.

I released a small breath in relief that she wasn't the one crying out loud.

"Take me to my mate. I beg you all, " the girl cried while my eyes lowered at remembering Keira's plight. Not just her, the pain in Pete's eyes, in Aunt Ilona's eyes—I could understand it all.