[2] Fox

Karam

I couldn't stop thinking about all of it. About him.

Who was he? How could he be my mate? How could I be anyone's mate!

Sitting naked, in the middle of a single bed, covering myself with the furs—I was losing my mind.

The two doorframes were a toilet and a bathroom. I could swear, I was shaking here in trauma of seeing the stone bricked kind of toilet seat attached into the raised floor.

The Lycan girl guided me to the little room when I managed to utter the word toilet and she replied with 'piss?'. With a small lamp at the right side on the seat, I did what I had to and digested the fact that I had taken her support by leaning over her body to walk with my broken leg.

I had the slightest idea that it was broken because the bandages were so tightly done. I couldn't feel my muscles inside. It ached at the hip bone like a bitch when I bent down.

She gave me a soap that was darkest of green and smelled like an animal's dung. I couldn't understand if my hands were getting cleaned or dirtier.

"If you keep those tears coming, Uncle will be here soon to question me, Aunt Misty."

Turning on my left side, I breathed heavily, wiping my cheeks. "Can you provide me some clothes?" I whispered quietly.

"Oh." She chuckled obliviously. "They are being tailored. Mother took your size and went to order the. . ." She sighed. "Do-Do you feel cold? I will bring more furs for you."

It felt like a punch on my heart, my lips parted in shock. The damn woman took my size. How did she do that? Touching me whilst I was unconscious.

Ants kept crawling on my skin.

I glanced at her through blurry vision. "I can wear yours," I told her, cringing at my cracked voice.

She observed my face with curiosity resting in her eyes. "As if I didn't think of it, Aunt Misty. But a bride only wears the clothes that are tailored for her specially. At least, before the rituals—"

"Rituals?" The hair on my neck risen like I was given electric shocks. My eyes widened. "What rituals?"

Her eyebrows raised as she tilted her head, watching me getting tensed. "You don't know? The rituals to bond you and my Uncle?" She asked lightly, her hazel eyes twinkling in fascination.

I gulped hard, feeling my stomach churning crazily. Aunt Kate's words came to my mind immediately. "Li-Like a We-Wedding?" I choked out.

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Wedding?" She looked away in thought. As if her bulb lit up in mind. "Oh! Is that what they say in your world? Wedding, it is." She nodded with a smile.

The beatings of my heart started echoing in my ears loudly. My lips parted as I sucked in a huge breathe.

"We-Wedding?" I whispered to myself absentmindedly. The blood started draining off my face as I reminded myself. "I-I am just eighteen. No. No. No. No," I kept whispering while shaking my head.

Wedding

Rituals

Uncle

The cringe pinched at places so hard, I gasped loudly. Taking fist full of the furry blanket, I crawled ahead to get off the bed.

"Hey!" She squealed out, stomping around the bed. "You'll hurt yourself!"

I stepped ahead shakily, bending down to avoid the tightness I felt through my right leg. Keeping it bent, I started limping on the cold concrete floor towards the wooden chair.