[45] The Storm

Cold winds were flowing from the south followed by the dark greyish clouds holding the storm. The lightning and the thunder were yet to snatch the attention.

Because for the moment, from the forests to the mountains, from the old bricked houses to the cold wet sand, from tribal feathery looks to the pointy ears, from the tone of bagpipes to the hoots of the drunken Lycans—all the energy was being given to glorify the enchanting dancers.

True how their pack was called Mystic Warriors. Sending their widows and unmated females to lure the beasts was a brave tradition to follow. The least of whatever I had observed from those three unforgettable days and nights of Mating ceremony, I knew Mystics weren't letting this happen for just entertainment.

There was something creepy going on for real. Could they be doing this to contribute in taking down the border with all the other five packs? Or they simply wanted access in Lycans live and use it for some advantage? Eventually, betraying the other five packs? Or strangely, they believed in that sick story of that Mystic witch and the Lycan? After all, Keev existed. Didn't he?

Because of all these possibilities, Chelsea's wish for me to pass a message to one of the dancing female had started to gain weight. I could now somehow expect the females to cooperate with me secretly rather than being surprised or shocked.

Who knew if Alvena, the Mystic Alpha's daughter, had tried some tricks in her early days here? It was hard to believe that being a wolf, much superior to me by having knowledge of this world and mysticism, would give up working for her old pack just like that. Or simply, was it her loyalty and love for her mate and his pack?

The mate who couldn't keep his hands off one of the dancers he was having eyes on from the beginning. Poor girl in that light yellow blouse and long skirt looked pretty and too young to be a widow. By her very gaze, I could observe the discomfort. Anton was a powerful and an aggresive Lycan. He was too mean to know that his wife had disappeared to hide her pain from everyone.

Seated beside Karam on this big wooden chair, I kept moving my eyes around tiredly. On our left, Salome and Natasha were being an attentive and appreciative audience. Far from them were Noira and Alma with their girl groups. The Severans were enjoying the drinks and the dances. It felt good to see them distracting themselves from the fact of never being able to meet their mates. After all, that wasn't the only definition of their lives.

I had caught many Lycan males eyeing Noira secretly. She had that charming aura. While Alma was more interested in gossiping, Emily was helping around the women who were serving her parents the drinks. I was sure if Reveka was watching over the pups, Stella was probably out to meet Janine secretly. Because Victor and his father called Beta Barald were here only. Only the younger brother, Scott hadn't arrived.

It was chaos all around me though.

The madness was blaring out in the region. The bonfire was raging with the party spirit. It was crazy how without any occasion, the Lycans just wanted to dance and have fun. Even though, the presence of mystic dancers was what that made them euphoric.

My hand casually went up to rub my cleavage slightly from over the red dress. The braided hairstyle was causing a light headache while my body was getting warmer every second from the close proximity with so-called mate of mine.

He was being careful, tonight. Much to my surprise, he didn't drink the wine after a glass. He wasn't eyeing around the females and was appreciating the talent.

It wasn't that I was asking for it, but he had been unable to keep his hands off my waist and back. Honestly, for some unknown reason that I wanted to conclude desperately, his decent touch was keeping my burning heart calm.