No Invitation Necessary {Regulus Black}

We apparate to the home with a loud CRACK! Regulus groans, the blood begins seeping from his wounds at a quicker pace. I wince, holding my hand tighter against them.

"I'm sorry, my love. I'm sorry but we needed to get you here quick," I whisper against the shell of his ear. Something I was able to do for once as he was hunched over, leaning on me for support. "We need to move," I instruct. I wait till he gives me a weak nod before we start to move. His groans come more wretched with every step.

As we reach the Potter's door I quickly move my hand off his largest wound to pound on the door before returning my hand to his injuries. I repeat this action for what feels like hours. I yell and shout, hoping one of them wakes up.

When the door finally does open, Lily Evans— or Lily Potter at this point, is the one to open it with her wand aimed directly at us. I look from her to the tip of her wand before I scoff, laughing a bit, and moving past her to walk in. All this happened in a mere three seconds, so by the time we had to walk in, she had recognized Regulus and seen his injuries to be shocked enough to move out of our way as we walked in.

"Come on, let's get you down on the couch and I'll see to everything," I whisper against his cold skin.

Regulus and I make our way to the couch as quickly as possible. He cried out harshly as I let him down onto the furniture. Tears prick my eyes but I hold them back. I kneel onto the ground, standing between his stretched out legs. His hooded eyes stare at me as if I'm all that's going on right now. I smile for his sake.

"W-what's going on here?" Evans asks, stuttering. I don't spare a glance back at her.

"He got hurt," I state simply.

"But what are you doing here?" She asks, her voice more firm this time. I'd imagine that's how you'd start to sound once you realize two death eaters are in your living room.

"Sirius is here is he not? Or the Potter boy."

"And what do you need them for?" She asks, voice dark. And that's when I feel a wand pressing into my back. That's when I finally turn to look at her.

Her features were tight as she tried to be intimidating. But I had seen far greater horrors than this girl. Her stance was stiff and battle ready. Did she really think I would waste my time on such a small duel? Especially when Regulus needed me.

"They're practically curse breakers, are they not? They have deep knowledge of reversing rare curses, have since they were teenagers. I need that. Because in case you haven't noticed, one of us is dying," I snap, my empty fist closing tightly. Lily kept her stance but looked over my shoulder to the bleeding boy. I could see her eyes flickering over his wounds, cataloging all that could've possibly been done to him. When she was done, her teary eyes blinked and looked back to me.

"I think I have some herbs that can hold the bleeding at bay until we can get Sirius here. I'll wake James," she says before turning around and making her way to the stairs.

"Thank you, mud—" we both stop at the word that almost instinctively came out of my mouth. "Thank you, Lily," I say, giving emphasis to her name. "Thank you for helping us," I murmur quietly in the already awkwardly silent room. She keeps her back to me for a few moments before she responds.

"Anything for Sirius." And she disappears up the stairs.

I turn back to Regulus still staring at me. His hand falls away from the strand of hair he was holding. I hadn't even noticed. I send him the most comforting smile I could manage.

"How're you feeling Reg," I whisper softly. He smiles, almost deliriously before he answers.

"I feel... cold," he expresses, his voice turning grim and his smile dropping. Somehow he seemed to grow paler by the minute. I'm snapped out of my daze of watching Regulus' skin lose its tan by the flicker of grin on his features. "I sure could use a pretty girl to warm me. Preferably my girl if she wouldn't mind," he says, his grin widening. I can't help but chuckle lightly.