On Thin Ice {Peter Parker }

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Peter grumbled as he hunched over a reindeer decorated bin that was acting as a skating helper. He looks up at you, brows raised. "Why am I doing this again? Please, remind me why I subject myself to this inhumane torture," Peter ask, lips pursed to stop himself from grinning.

You mirror his expression as you skate slowly to stay with him during this huge struggle.

"Because you love me," you respond matter-of-factly, a cheeky smile coming in right behind it. Peter flops his head, nodding.

"Right... forgot about that," he responds, his voice gravelly. Your jaw drops as you let out a few huffed laughs. You pretend to not see Peter smiling out of the corner of your eye.

"I will kick this reindeer away from you, Peter Parker. Let's see how well you fare then," you tease, looking over at him to see him already staring at you with those eyes... those eyes that just melt your heart. You send him a wink before skating forward. Peter shakes his head, looking down at the reindeer, his waist bent down in order to rest his hands on its back.

"This thing is both amazing and incredibly humiliating. I need help," he states, still looking down at the decorated bin. You furrow your brows.

"With skating?" You ask, more so teasing him than genuinely asking.

"Yes, with skating. Clearly," he responds as he wobbles, even with the bin helping.

"Well isn't that what little Rudolph here is for?" You question, bending down to bop the reindeers glowing nose that was made from a bit of plastic and a little red light.

"I don't want Rudolph," he says with a little pout in his tone. You look down at him to see him already looking at you, grinning. "I want you."

"Awe, well isn't that a sweet compliment," you say, brushing off the way that made you feel. He rolls his eyes, smiling.

"Help me."

"How am I meant to help you with your issues in balance?" You respond, moving closer to him in order to move out of another couples way.

"Hold me," he answers, his smile only growing wider and more excited. He pushes off the reindeer and moves to stand on shaky legs as you grow confused as you're not sure how that would work.

"Hold you? You want me to actually hold you as we skate with razor sharp blades on our feet?" You ask, turning to face him on the ice. You've both stopped moving now that Peter isn't holding onto the reindeer. The little guy merely sits between you two.

"Uh..." Peter trails off awkwardly, looking away for a moment as his brows furrow. "Yes?" He finishes, meeting your eye and looking almost as puzzled as yourself. You stare into each other's eyes as if they each hold the answers you two are looking for. But nothing. You slap your hands on your thighs, sighing and giving into your boyfriend's request.

"Alright, fine..." excitement lights up Peter's face and he bits his lip as he kicks Rudolph away from him. He tries his best to walk on the ice until he's reached your arms. With his arms around your waist, you both look forward as a small child cheers as he grabs hold of Rudolph and skates onward. Peter turns to look at you with a mischievous smile and a glint in his eye.

"Oh! And there goes my ride. Guess you're stuck with me now," he says as though he's tricked you. You can't help but smile back as you nod.

"I guess I am," you say back, holding him a bit closer.

You look down as you realize neither of you can skate with the way you're standing. So you reluctantly let Peter go. You try grabbing his hands but you can't skate backwards so that wouldn't work. You start to loop your arm in his but that wouldn't give either of you much stability. You skate behind him and try to hold onto his hips but that definitely wouldn't work. All the while Peter merely stands there silently, smiling, as he watches each and every one of your movements. Not disagreeing or helping or offering suggestions. Just enjoying you.