Snow's First Dance {Hermione Granger}

I wake up with a quiet gasp, my eyes bolting open to meet the dead of night. Soft snores fill the silent room. I look to my left, smiling softly to my darling Granger peacefully asleep. Her hair splayed out around her head, a wild mess. Her pretty mouth, slightly parted. Even asleep she was beautiful.

My eyes snap to the window. I can sense it coming. Like it was connected to me. A purposeful gasp left me this time. It was coming and I couldn't be more delighted.

I keep my gaze on the window but move my hand to slip onto my fiancé's shoulder.

"'Minoe, wake up," I whisper in excitement. Her snoring stutters but she merely mumbles gibberish for a moment before the snoring continues. I lightly groan, needing her awake for this. "'Mione, wake up!" I shout, shaking her shoulder a bit more harshly. Her snores choke back before she wakes up.

"Darling? Darling, what are you doing?" Hermione grumbles, slowly sitting up and moving her hand around until it slips into mine. She immediately sloops down to lean her head on my shoulder. I don't dare move my eyes from the window but I can imagine the adorable way her eyes droop down in tiredness.

"I'm so glad you're awake," I whisper, gripping her hand tighter.

"Yes, and why did you wake me, Dear?" She questions, her voice rough from just awakening, her breath tickling my throat. I shiver.

"It's about to snow," I murmur. I feel her head tilt slightly to look out the same window I am.

"It hasn't snowed yet this year, what makes you think it's going to snow now?" She asks, sounding a bit more awake.

"... I can just feel it, love. It's going to snow any second," I state, no doubt in my mind. She scoffs, her factual based mind not believing I could predict the weather on such a whim.

"There is no possible way that it's going to—" Hermione chokes back on her words and I smile widely as snow begins to fall past the window. I finally turn my head to look at her and am pleasantly amused to see the gaped expression on her face. She looks over to me as well. "How did you—? Magic?" She asks, her eyes flickering between my own as she tries to find some reasoning to this. I chuckle with a shake of my head.

"No, no. I didn't use magic to know when it was going to snow. There really is no reasoning as to how or why I can sense whenever it snows, it just happens," I say with a shrug. This time it was her turn to shake her head.

"That's not possible. No one can just naturally know the weather," she exhales with a laugh. I motion my free arm towards the window.

"Look at the proof for yourself, love," I say with a grin. She smiles up at me, leaning forward to kiss me briefly. Softly. So softly it made my heart flutter and my hands twitch. She leans back and stares up at me with a soft smile.

"I'm afraid I'm too tired to argue with you."

"So I win?" I question with a teasing smile and raised brows. She narrows her eyes playfully.

"For now," she says lowly. I sigh lightly, keeping my smile on, not being able to stop from the happiness spreading through me. Snow and my 'mione. What could be better?

We continued to watch as the snow fell. It was beautiful. I missed the cold the snow brought. And now it was finally here— I didn't want to waste another minute.

I jerk my body over to look at her, causing her to jump back off my shoulder and stare at me in alarm. If my action wasn't alarming enough, than my wide and excited expression must have.

"Dance with me," I basically demand. Her brows rise, adding to the whole wide-eyed expression. She looks around the room.

"In here?" She asks curiously, letting her expression fall into one of confusion. I laugh, shaking my head at her.