Always My Valentine {George Weasley}

You stare down at the wooden spoon in your hand, not even really helping Molly with the Valentine's Day baking she was doing, still in shock from what had happened this morning.

George had slept in despite being a generally early riser, so you only saw him as he came rushing down the stairs with his brothers a little past noon. You, who had been up for some time, brightened as they all walked into the kitchen. Your cheeks warmed as George bent down to kiss your forehead in passing before picking up a scone his mother had baked. She had been baking all morning. Almost everything was in the shape of hearts, angles, arrows, and whatever else Valentine's Day related.

"What's all the baking for, mum?" He had asked. Your stomach dropped slightly, not truly believing he had forgotten. Valentine's Day was a favorite of George's.

"Well it's Valentine's Day," she said. George stared at her for a moment before he blinked and gave her a light nod.

"Right then."

And that had been that. Not shortly after, Fred had announced that they were all going to go outside for some games of quidditch. Ginny had practically sprinted out the door, gear barely hanging on to her, and her brothers soon followed. They had been out there ever since and despite you loving the game, you refused to join them out of spite.

Now here you were, balancing a wooden spoon on the tip of your finger because you have no current desire to bake anything and you're not playing quidditch and you apparently don't have a Valentine.

George had always made a fuss about asking you to be his Valentine. Every year. He had done it in a huge crowd of people, he had made very large signs, he had literally created magical items for you. But this year it seemed like it completely slipped his mind.

You couldn't blame him, not completely. The shop was more busy than ever. You were both working early mornings and late nights. Even with you and the twins and those who worked in the shop, the customers just never stopped. So it wasn't too difficult to believe that George had just been so busy that he didn't have the time to think about Valentine's Day or to do anything for the day.

You could always set something up but you wouldn't even know where to begin. Your planning skills were subpar at best and you were never the grand gesture type. You more often whispered your affections for George in between kisses. What you lacked in gestures you made up for with intimate affections.

You blew out a huff of air before letting the damn wooden spoon fall to the table. Your eyes began drifting to the window when footsteps alerted you. Your heart jumped and your head jerked to see who it was. It embarrassed you to admit but you hoped it was George.

A dull ache sprouted through your chest as Arthur Weasley walked into the kitchen wearing a large smile on his face. He headed right towards Molly, as if the world had faded away and she was the only thing left. She was busy rolling out some more dough but he gently cupped her elbow and turned her to face him.

"Arthur..." she began to scold before she realized he was leaning down toward her.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Mrs. Weasley," he said before he gave her a soft kiss. When they parted Molly's smile was a perfect match to Arthur's. You couldn't help but smile at the sweet gesture. You let your eyes drift to the window again. Perhaps you'd go out there after all. If anything, at least you'd be spending the day surrounded by people you love.

The door opened once again.

"Darling," George's voice picked up, sounding throughout the kitchen and ringing in your ears. Your eyes widened slightly as you watched him lean against the doorway.

"Yes, George?" You asked, trying to sound casual. George crossed his arms and jerked his chin out the door.

"Would you like to play a game with us? I'm sure mother doesn't need your help as much as I do out on that field," he teased, a wide grin overcoming his features. Your heartbeat slowed a bit and your eyes left his to trail over to Molly. She smiled, her eyes squinting slightly as she began to nod.