The Hogwarts House Tally {Draco Malfoy}

When Draco married a muggle-born Gryffindor, he didn't expect his life to get turned even more upside down. He had blown away all expectations of his family, of his friends, and of basically the entire Wizarding world.

But now as his world had once again turned on its axis as he held his newborn daughter in his hands, he was glad of the choices he made. He was glad he fell in love with a fierce and passionate woman who did everything in her power to show him the light, to show him how to be good. He was glad he turned his back on Voldemort and chose the right side. He was glad when he decided to forgive his mother and let her back into his family's life. And he was glad he could raise his daughter with the love of his life in a safe world.

And it was a relatively safe world. All the Death Eaters were locked away and Voldemort was dead. Draco knew that his reputation would follow him and all he could do was try and be better then the day before. And even though being around corrupted Slytherins didn't help him make the right choices, he knew there were good Slytherins too. And he didn't want to disgrace the name or his house.

He would be proud if his daughter got placed into Slytherin. Frankly, he wanted her to. Very much so. But his wife was also prideful of her house. She was a proud Gryffindor through and through. And she wanted their daughter to be placed in Gryffindor.

And as they stared down at their beautiful babe, they made the bet of a lifetime.

"I bet you eleven Galleons that she gets placed in Gryffindor," she murmurs sleepily, still in St. Mungos after having the baby only a day ago. Draco, who was laying by her side in the hospital bed and staring at his daughter, moved to look down at his wife's tired face.

"Pardon me?" He asked with amusement.

"You heard me, Mr," she says teasingly as she pokes his chest. "Eleven Galleons. Gryffindor. Wanna take that bet?" She challenges. Draco marvels at how, even when she was half-asleep, managed to look just as fierce and determined as when they were fighting Death Eaters in the war. Draco laughed lightly.

"You're on. I can already tell, she has the heart of a true Slytherin," he boasts. She instantly scoffs in return before yawning loudly.

"Apologies, love. I'm a bit tired and thought I misheard you. You meant, heart of a true Gryffindor didn't you?" She asks lazily, trying her best to be witty and sarcastic. Draco can't help but laugh at her slouched face. He leans down and kisses her temple.

"Sleep, darling. We can continue this in the morning." She turns around and nuzzles into his chest.

"You bet your arse we'll continue this," she mumbles. Draco laughs quietly once more as both his girls are about to be asleep.

"Let's stick with one bet at a time, eh?" Draco suggests, letting himself lay in a more comfortable position and moving his head to lay against hers.

As their daughter grew, they could both see many traits in her that could make her a fine Gryffindor or a Slytherin.

It was ruled illegal within the bet to get their daughter to pick up certain traits and to raise her to be good with upstanding morals and to be loving and kind.

This ruling was made clear after Draco walked in his wife and their now three year old sword fighting with dulled down wooden swords. They all paused as Draco walked in on them. His wife sent him a sheepish smile and a shrug.

"Sword fighting helps build courage," she excused, her smile only getting more nervous.

"I will save you from this mean dragon, my fair prince!" Their daughter screamed before running over to her giant stuffed dragon and began hitting it with a sword.