Tomorrow Night {Steve Harrington}

You stand outside Family Video watching Steve Harrington flip the page of his magazine through the glass doors. Inhaling deeply, you attempt to gather your courage. You could talk to Steve. You could totally talk to Steve.

Swinging the door open you take two strides in before slamming your hands on the desk. Steve jumps, head jerking up to look at you. His eyes light up and your heart skips a beat. You try to ignore it.

"Whatcha got for me today, Scoops?" You ask, your words spilling out before you realize what you're saying. Steve looks around, a small grin on his face.

"Everything. No one comes in here. You know this," he says as he meets your eye again. He leans forward, pointing a reprimanding finger at you. "And besides, you can't call me Scoops anymore. You know, on account of the shop burning down," he adds, his shoulders bunching into a shrug. You smile as him in his old uniform flashes through your mind. You also lean forward, smiling fondly.

"In my heart you'll always be wearing that cute little sailor hat," you say dreamily, adding on a light sigh to add to your teasing. Steve's face falls.

"Haha, very funny." He leans back before motioning his hands like he's shooing you. "Well, go on, look around. Rent something before I'm out of a job," he quips, lips pursing. You straighten your form and send him a firm nod.

"Yes, sir, Captain," you say, continuing on with the joke. Steve smirks as his eyebrow quirks up. Your eyes go wide.

Stiffly turning away from him, you make a quick dash to the back corner where Robin was reshelving some of the returned videos. You could feel his stare on your back. You internally beg for the upside down to open up and swallow you whole. That would be better than this.

"Oh my god, I'm such an idiot," you breathe out as you reach your best friend. You press your hands to your face to try and cool your heated cheeks. Robin jumps a little before turning to face you, brows furrowed.

"What? Why? What did I miss?" She asks rapidly, her eyes darting around the store. You notice the quick rise and fall of your chest but you can't feel it.

"Me. Steve. Failure to produce correct words," you try and explain, everything that had just happened was a little foggy. You might've blacked out at one point.

"Is it happening again?" Robin asks dryly, brow raised as she looks over you. You shake your head.

"No. Just constantly replaying the bomb show that was that encounter," you explain. Robin sends you a look that usually let you knew you were being overly dramatic. But no, not this time.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad," she tries to comfort you by saying. You whimper and squeeze your face tighter as you feel the heat rise to your cheeks once more.

"I told him I imagine him wearing his cute little sailor hat," you admit, eyes briefly shutting tight as your words echo through your head. Robin takes a step back and her eyes go wide as she looks off to the side. She puffs out her cheeks before blowing out the air.

"Wow."

"I know," you reply with a nod. Robin looks at you, expression the same.

"That is bad," she states. You slap your hands against your thighs.

"I know!" You shout, careful not to be loud enough to attract Steve over and ask what they were talking about. You look around the back of the store. You need to get out of here and you would rather face the mind flayer than walk past Steve out the front door. "Can I sneak out the back? That way I won't ever have to see him again. Then I can pack my things and move very very far away," you plan, briefly wondering what door led to the back office and which one led to the closet. Robin holds up a hand.