Face Your Fears {Hermione Granger}

I walk down the halls with my cousin and his annoying band of dimwits. Draco was yammering on and on to Pansy about how much his arm hurt and I wanted nothing more than to charm his mouth shut.

But as we passed Potter talking with Weasley and Granger, Draco let his conversation stop and followed through with a loud scoff.

"Those three shouldn't even bother attending class," he spit out harshly. He looks towards his posse, and yet I still raise a brow at him, wondering where exactly he was going with this. "Leave someone else to embarrass themselves for a change," he finishes through with laughter, everyone else in his group joining. Weasley scowls and draws his eyebrows down. Harmione steps forward to say something when I swiftly move to Draco's other side, tugging my arm into his and effectively cutting him off from their view.

"Come on Draco, no need to start something we both know you won't finish," I mutter, keeping my eyes trained on Granger. She stares back as Draco, his group, and I walk further from them. I send her a quick wink before looking forward.

"I can finish anything they start!" Draco sneers. I chuckle, letting my arm fall from his.

"Tell that to, Uncle," I muse, a slight lift in the corner of my lips. He scoffs but doesn't utter another word.

We all walk into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. I look around and notice Professor Lupin wasn't in the room yet. But the desks were cleared away and a large wardrobe was the only object sitting in the room. A large group of students were already in the room and staring at it. The group collectively gasped as the piece of furniture moved and shook. I wasn't too prideful to admit I slightly jumped too.

I look and watch as Draco and his own little group move past me and into a corner of the room. I slowly slip away from them and subtly make my way over to a different group.

I stand a few feet in front of Potter. I carefully look around the room, making sure no Slytherin is looking my way when I place my hands beyond my back to clench and unclench them rapidly, hoping she understands the silent beckoning.

I smile warmly when two hands wrap themselves around mine. I grab her hands back and pull them around my waist. She chuckles and rests her chin on my shoulder.

"Good morning," I murmured. She smiles and kisses my cheek.

"Morning. How've you been, dear?" Hermione asks me quietly. I pout playfully.

"Very melancholy ever since my treasured girlfriend cancelled plans to go play detective once again with Potter and Weasley," I say, exaggerating the sadness in my voice. She gasps.

"Hey! I was needed," she exclaims, a smile tugging at her lips. I nod along.

"Yes, yes, they always seem to need you," I mutter. She pulls me a little bit closer to her and smiles into my neck.

"How about we meet later tonight; in the library," she suggests. It was my turn to gasp dramatically as I spin in her hold, moving around to face her.

"A library date with miss Hermione Granger herself?!" I smile wide and splay out a nice set of jazz hands. She bites her lip shyly and nods. My head turns to the door as Professor Lupin walks in. I quickly look back over to her and instantly smile as I'm met with her looking at me hopefully.

"Deal. Meet me in the restricted section," I order, leaning up a bit to kiss her cheek before I bound off and slip up on Draco's group from behind them.

"Intriguing isn't it?" Lupin asked, referencing the shaking wardrobe as he walked into the classroom. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" He continues, slowly walking around the group of students.