The Smell Of Love {Fred Weasley}

The Weasley twins were known for their pranks. They were as troublesome as the infamous marauders and they were sure to rival even peeves.

The twins mostly teased and pranked together as a unit. The pair rarely had their separate tricks. But it wasn't completely unheard of. Everyone had their secrets and even though Hogwarts is a place where all secrets seem to get revealed, the twins were as good as hiding as they were at pranking. Seems their practice with Filch and Mcgonagall paid off.

As for George's secret pranks and tricks, no one really knew what the boy was up to and they thought it better that way in the long run.

But for Fred, his mischievous acts were pretty clear and so very obvious. A certain girl in Hogwarts had caught Fred's attention and she had held it ever since. It was their third year when Fred and George had rolled a dungbomb towards her. Her reaction was instant. As quick as lightning, she spun around and kicked the dungbomb right back at the boys faces before it could go off.

The smell clinged to the boys for days afterwards. Fred had been absolutely hung on her ever since. She had never performed a prank back. She acted above such things, though Fred seemed to be the only one who could tell how much she enjoyed them.

Though she surely enjoyed them, that didn't cause her to want to be the receiver of one. And she wasn't. And it wasn't for Fred's lack of trying either. After their first prank had failed and the smell had finally lifted off the boy, he made sure to introduce himself to the girl. She was witty and a tease and as charming as she was clever.

They had their fair share of banter. Before a prank, after one, and many moments in between. It mostly resulted in the form of Fred's teasing and her ability to throw it right back at him without a moment of hesitation.

The way her and Fred acted around one another, one would think them the most happiest of lovers, or the closest of friends. But in fact, neither were true. As fun as their game was, Fred was almost positive that she was sick of him by now. No matter how many times she evaded a prank, Fred feared one day he would go too far and she would cut off all ties. He didn't want the game to end. And more importantly, he didn't want to stop talking to her or spending time with her. Because even if she never felt anything that he had always felt for her, he would at least have her in his life.

It was a Tuesday morning when Fred had enacted his next prank towards the girl. As usual, he explained it to George and as usual, George made fun of him for being so caught up on the girl.

When the boys walked into the Great Hall, she was right where they wanted her. They had convinced a couple of house elves into putting some Gigglewater into her glass of pumpkin juice. The boys sauntered up to her table. George gave a quick wink to Fred before swooping down and kissing her left cheek. They watched as she jumped before glaring up at Fred's twin.

"Hello, gorgeous. 'Case you couldn't tell, it's Fred," George stated confidently, moving to sit down next to her. She raised a perfect brow at him. She placed a delicate hand against his cheek and George's smirk only grew.

"Come now, Georgie. I think by now I'd be able to distinguish the difference of each of your lips," she fires back, blatantly calling him out. George's gaze flickers up to Fred as his eyebrows wiggle suggestively.

"Oh, is that so?" George asks, still looking at Fred who's fists had tightened into balls while a prominent neck vein had begun sticking out. While he held a staring match with his twin, she had spun around to face Fred as well. His eyes were immediately drawn to her.

"Of course... I could never forget the Whomping Willow incident now could it?" She pondered lightly. Fred internally screamed.

The Whomping Willow incident...