Come Back To Me {Draco Malfoy}

Draco watched from the window outside as she rushed around the newsroom; ordering people around left and right. He had found out through some of his connections that she had moved to the states and was now a sports journalist for some big time muggle newspaper.

She wasn't actually a muggle though. No, she was what his world calls a Muggle-born. There was a war against her kind. But now it was over and Draco could restore her memories and bring her back home to England.

At least her being a sports journalist was no surprise. She frequently announced quidditch games alongside Lee Jordan. She had aspirations of joining the daily prophet and traveling around as she reported on the professional quidditch games. But now here she was with no memory of magic and reporting on boring muggle sports.

He was nervous to walk in. To restore her memories. To actually see her. Not her body, he could see that now. No, he meant her mind. He missed it all terribly and now he was nervous. Of course he hated himself for being nervous but there wasn't much he could do to change it. He was nervous.

He remembered the day he took away her memories of the magical world. He thought about it a lot after she went away. He thought about it as he waited in Hogwarts until Potter came back to face Voldemort, he thought about it during the battle as he fought his family and his friends, he thought about it during his trial and even more so after he had been announced not guilty, and he thought about it now.

Draco apparated as close as he could get before he pushed through and brought the wards down. He walked towards the house before putting the wards back up. He spun on his heel and walked at a brisk pace into the home.

"Molly!" Draco shouted, his voice harsh and panicked. She quickly appeared out from another room. Her face already looked worried.

"What's going on?" She asked, demanding an answer with her tone. Draco stepped close to her.

"He's found her. They're coming. He wants her dead by sunset," Draco rushed out, his heart beating quicker than his words were coming out. Molly's face paled considerably. She failed at producing even a single sentence. So Draco went on."We have to do it. It's the only way she'll remain safe," Draco's voice quieted as he spoke gravely about such a situation.

This had been a very real possibility. Draco knew that when he fell in love with her. He also knew it when he decided to become a spy and informant for the order. That one day they might find out and come for her, not only for her blood status, but because of Draco's own choices.

Molly gulped and nodded hesitantly.

"Do it quickly, dear. I think it's better that way... for the both of you," Molly added the part at the end as a last thought. Draco looked at her in slight surprise and noted how softer her eyes had gotten when she looked at him over the past few months. She was beginning to care and trust him. It filled a warmth in Draco. A warmth he rarely ever felt.

"I don't think I could handle it any other way, Mrs. Weasley," Draco spoke with a sudden frog in his throat. She nodded once more and left the room. Draco turned away from where she stood and hurried down to the hall her room was in. "Darling? Darling, are you in there?" He asked, raising his voice to call for her.

The bedroom door, her bedroom door, bursted wide open. She poked her head out and a smile lit up her face.

"Draco!" She exclaimed. She raced out of her room and into his awaiting arms. They both chuckled as he picked her up and squeezed her tightly; subtly leaning his head to smell her scent for the last time for who knows how long. He eventually let her down and they leaned back from each other. Draco made note to her every feature. "What're you doing here, love? You weren't meant to check in till next week?" She asked, grabbing his hand and dragging him into her room. He smiled fondly down at her.