Over Hills & Up Trees {Cedric Diggory}

It was about dawn by the time we were just about finished climbing the mountain between the Diggory's house and the Weasleys.

"Why are you doing this to me, Amos?!" I groan out, shouting so he can hear me. I hoped he wasn't too far. I could hear him joyously laugh at my pain. He looks back and his smile widens as he sees Cedrics hand connected to mine while he practically pulls me up what was more like a very large hill.

"We're almost there, lass, then you can rest," Amos says in a comforting voice. The words heaven to my ears.

"He isn't wrong. You'll have plenty of time to rest as Arthur has about about a dozen kids he needs to get up and get ready before that lot gets out the door," Dimitri snickers.

Dimitri Diggory. An incredibly smart Ravenclaw boy who was obsessed with all things plant. He wanted to study them and create new potions with what he found. Him and Neville Longbottom were the most unlikely of friends, but their shared obsession made it work. Dimitri was sorted into Ravenclaw the same year as Neville was sorted into Gryffindor.

"Don't be a nasty little git, Dimitri. Try raising that many children and we'll see how fast you can get ready in the morning," Cedric snapped back. Though his friendly smile had shown he was only joking.

"You looking for a duel, Cedric?" The younger Diggory stopped his walk and raised a sculpted brow, bowing out his hands in a challenging manor. Cedric pulled me toward him, eliciting a yelp from my mouth. His arm moved to wrap around my waist. He leaned down, causing our breath to mix together in the small space between us. Oh how we knew that made me light headed...

"You think I can take him?" He murmured, looking deep in my eyes. Searching for something. I heard Dimitri let out a strangled 'bleh' but it seemed so far away. I gulped, my throat feeling tight.

"I'm damn sure, you could," I whisper. Cedric grinned, letting go of me and mirroring Dimitri's bowed pose.

"I think I do fancy a duel, Dimitri," Cedric addressed, walking over to get in his brothers face. "Too bad ya wee lad can't do magic outside of Hogwarts." Dimitri instantly scowled. Cedric laughed, throwing an arm around his younger brother. 'Pleasantly jokingly brother rivalry', he called it. Cedric often liked to mess with his brother. He knew the right buttons to push, but he never pushed it too far. It was proven he hadn't as Dimitri fought a grin.

"Ahhh, you know you want to laugh," Cedric goaded.

"Come on, boys!" Amos called back distractingly. Cedric grinned over at me, a brow raised. He let go of his brother and walked over to me.

"Guess you're a boy now."

"Guess so..."

"Guess I'm in love with a boy."

"Nothing wrong with that."

"Agreed, there is nothing wrong with that," Cedric and I replied, one after the other with no hesitation. Cedric brushed a piece of hair behind my ear. "I think you'd make quite a dashing young lad." That broke me. I smiled widely and we both laughed. "Come on, now," Cedric said, turning his back to me and handing me his pack. I jump up, clinging to him like a monkey as I carry both our packs together.

We soon reach the top where we were all supposed to meet. Amos was somehow still standing, but leaning against a tree.

"Took you long enough." Dimitri smirked.

"Oh, don't mind us. Took a break for a brief snogging." Cedric smirked with a shrug. I jump off his back to gape at him. "She just can't keep her hands off of me," he added. I smack his arm lightly as Dimitri was laughing hysterically. Amos sighed with an amused smile on his face whilst he continued on watching for the Weasleys.