He Can Skate {Draco Malfoy}

I rush into our room, trying not to spill the breakfast food and drinks I made for us. I scurry to my side of the bed and place the tray down before sitting on the bed myself. When I look down, Draco hasn't moved. I swear he was the world's deepest sleeper. I scoot closer to him before I tap his shoulder.

"Draco," I say. He doesn't move, his breathing doesn't change. "Draco!" I shout, shaking his shoulder a little bit. He snorts a little through his snore before settling down again, causing me to frown. This man...

I look around, thinking about what could wake him up. My eyes fall onto the drinks I made. But no. I couldn't do that. I could go get ice? No.

'I could...' my thoughts trail off as my eyes lower to his pants. I squeeze my eyes shut as I shake my head. No. I was definitely not doing that. At least not today.

I bite my lip. How do you even wake someone up? I've poked and shaken him. I've shouted... I just don't know.

But suddenly an idea sparks my mind. It was something I saw once in a muggle film. A man had taken strong chemicals and wafted it under the girl's nose. I grin at the idea. I don't bother trying to be careful in getting out of the bed or how loud I walk out of the room or how loud I close the door. Because I know that man wouldn't wake up for anything.

He has slept through literal storms, he's slept through me falling down the stairs, he's slept through having all of our friends over for a surprise brunch I didn't know about. Nothing takes his sleep away from him. He always either wakes up on his own, which is somehow always on the time he needs to be awake, sets multiple alarms one minute after the next, or... you know. But this was a new method I could try and I was curious to see if it would work.

I rush down to the kitchen and look around. Now I don't exactly have strong smelling chemicals... but what is something that has a strong scent that I can use? I walk over to the fridge before opening it slowly. My eyes move over every item, not thinking any of them would work until my eyes fall onto something.

Pickle juice.

Now that could definitely work. I grab the jar and take the top off. Making my way up the steps, I look at the full jar carefully. I don't want the juice to spill on the carpet. Then I would have to smell it and get the stain out. It was better to be careful.

I snicker as I walk into our room. I carefully lean over the bed. Draco laid on his back and his head was dropped off to the side. He was still snoring. I can't stop myself from grinning as I hold the jar under his nose. I wave it under his nose, letting him get a good whiff.

His nose crinkles for a second, making me snicker. Then in less than a blink of an eye, his eyes snap open and he launches into a sitting position. My eyes widen and I stumble backwards. As I try and keep my balance while stepping back, I look at the pickle jar in fear. I swear to Merlin, if I get this on me...

"What the bloody hell was that?" Draco mumbled tiredly. I catch my footing and straighten. I look up at him to see him already looking at me with confusion plastered over his face. "Why are you holding pickle juice?" He asks. I look down at it before meeting his eye and sending a sheepish smile.

"It's what I used to wake you up," I say quietly, turning around to set the jar on the dresser. When I look at him he still looks confused.

"Why?"

I immediately scoff as I walk over to my side of the bed and sit down next to him.

"Because you sleep like you're dead. Sometimes I actually check your pulse! So I had to think of a quick way to wake you," I explain. Amusement washes over his features, a quirk of his lips and a brow raised.