Demons in My Head {Klaus Hargreeves}

Klaus Hargreeves was a special boy. As much as he would argue, being seventeen did not make him a man. He had a short attention-span, easily distracted, often talked to himself, never shut up, could not stop moving, always had to be doing something interesting, and most people just couldn't handle him.

I was probably the only that could. I was patient. Amazingly so. 'A saint' the people at school called me. Then it kind of stuck and became a nickname of sorts. I also happened to be Klaus' friend. Singular. Not plural. Like I said, no one else could really handle him.

The Hargreeves had come to our school at the beginning of high school. Their father, Reginald Hargreeves didn't think it would be best for them. Nor did he think them and their powers would be accepted in a private school. He was partially right.

Luther fit right in with the other jocks, Diego mostly kept to himself. But even he had his own little group. Allison fit right in and got popular surprisingly quick, Vanya completely kept to herself. Even in a group of people without powers she still seemed to feel out of place.

Then there was Klaus. Klaus was very social... People just weren't very social back. They couldn't deal with his... energy most of the time. Except for me. We had met freshman year and Klaus definitely kept things exciting. But even with all the Hargreeves kids mostly finding their niche, not everybody was so open to their powers at school. The faculty, some of the more closed off students. But the kids were okay with it as long as they had people who were ok with them. And Klaus had me.

Currently, he had me not blowing up at him for throwing wads of paper in my hair for sport. We were in the middle of Economics and Klaus was obviously extremely bored. It had started about seventeen minutes ago and barley let up. It was a marvel he hadn't been caught yet.

One paper ball thrown on my head.

I had flinched when he first started. Even jumped the first time. I hadn't really expected it but with Klaus, I could never really expect anything.

Another paper ball thrown on my head.

Klaus not only had to make sure our teacher didn't see him throwing wads of paper in my hair, but he had to avoid his siblings finding out. Both Allison and Diego were also in the class. It was even more surprising as Allison was sitting right next to me.

A third paper ball thrown on my head.

"Klaus," a voice hissed, effectively stopping him for the time being. My lips twitched down. I look to the side where the voice came from, trying not to laugh as crumpled up paper fell off my hair and onto the floor. Klaus wasn't so lucky. He was giggling like a mad man. Allison glares at us.

Our teacher looks up from her book and we freeze. Then a moment later, she looks back down from her book. We also just so happened to be in the middle of a test. Allison looked between the teacher and us.

"Klaus, stop ripping up your test and throwing it at the poor girl. Do your work and stop bothering her," she snapped. She shook her head as she looked back down to her test. Once Allison was back and engrossed with her work, I spun around in my desk and faced Klaus who sat right behind me. Paper had flown everywhere.

"I dare you to keep doing it. Don't stop," I egg on with a smirk on my face and a plan in my mind. A Cheshire Cat like smile lights up his face.

"Ohoho. I will take that bet, my friend, and increase it a-tenfold." He crosses his arms and leans back, waiting for me to turn towards the front once more. My smirk broadens and I turn back around to continue my test.

It didn't take long for Klaus to once again start throwing paper balls at my head. The only sound in the room really was the scribbling of pencils, students breathing, and Klaus slowly ripping the paper from his test and crumpling it up to throw at me.