Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen || Birthday celebration

2 Years Later

Aleah's P.O.V

I ran from the darkness that was chasing me. Up ahead there was a door leading out, I dashed towards it, my mind was foggy. I would have given up but the Adrenaline kept me going. So close. I reached for the door and suddenly I'm in a white room.

I was suddenly Poppy again. A male priest came up to me he had a frown on his face, he turns to the side and points at a lady on her knees. It was Aleah, no it was me. Suddenly the scenery changes and we're in the Emperor's drawing-room, Aleah was on her knees and Noah was pointing his sharp sword towards Aleah's neck.

" The Blonde must die." The priest said right before Noah slices off Aleah's head.

" No!!~" I exclaimed sitting up on my bed. 

My heart was pounding and I was sweating. It's the same nightmare all over again. For a while now every night I've been having the same dream, I don't know If I'm just scared or if It's telling me something, either way, there's no way I'm letting myself die.

I look out the window and it was almost sunrise, this meant I woke at least an hour earlier than usual however there's no way I can go back to sleep, not after that dream. Today was my 16th birthday I shouldn't let a nightmare ruin such a special day.

I just sat on my bed for an hour until the maids came into my room to get me ready. They advised me not to eat anything until the ball, this was so I could fit into the lavish dress Father had bought for me. 

The whole day they massaged every inch of my body, scrubbed my body clean, washed my hair until it was silky and thick. I have never felt so exhausted in my life. Finally, they get me into my dress, it was a pink puffy ball gown, which wasn't too puffy but puffy enough. if that made any sense.

" You're are so beautiful!" the maid's sequel in the delight of their masterpiece. 

" Is this really me?"

Wow, I thought. Just when I thought that  Aleah, or I, couldn't get any prettier, I did. My maids should just be professional makeup and hairstylists at this point. They do such an amazing job every time; they never cease to amaze me.

The scar on my forehead I got when I was eight has already healed. If not healed then it'd barely noticeable. It took years but now I can finally move on with my survival plan.

I pick a heel from a pile of shoes and a maid quickly puts it on. When the heel was fitted tightly they start to work on the finishing touches which were mainly makeup,  but they also braided my hair until it formed a crown and added flower petals as detail.

Finally hours of being annoyingly pampered and starving, it was time to enter the hall. Everyone was already there and waiting. Papa had invited the Emperor and the Empress too, and they were more than happy to come despite being busy.

****

I stand in front of the door Mother, Father, Jackson and Anna on either side of me. We waited until we were announced then the door bursts opening, we slowly walk down the stairs all eyes were on us. 

This feels like a scene straight from a fairytale, except I'm actually living it. I was dead centre walking down a gorgeous staircase.