Chapter Thirty-Five

Chapter thirty-five|| No more waiting

" No way?" 

He started to nod his head. His face was full of certainty and pridefulness, however, my mouth was left agape to the sudden news that this gorgeous youth looking man was indeed 150. It was just so hard to believe, but it'd be wrong to suggest that he was lying, I'm sure a high priest should be lying.

Still, 150 years... he's 134 years old than me! he's old enough to be my great great great grandfather! Those celebrities I used to fawn over in my other world because they looked stunning from the way they aged perfectly, could never compare to this. Scratch ageing perfectly, it's seems like he hasn't aged at all. Is that even possible?

Just looking at Allen is blinding me, holy light was emitting from his body; I quickly hid behind my hand. This must be the power of a high priest. 

" I'm here to guide you..." He states.

" Excuse me?"

" I'm here to help you live your  life in this world as best you can, this was the will of God." 

" But why?"

I had so many questions and none of them could come out of my mouth. I felt like I digging into something I'd regret knowing about, or something that'd make my situation harder than it was.

Allen paused for a good minute, his silence kept me on my toes, anxiety and pressure surged through me pounding onto my chest. A gut feeling? I could feel that the next thing he was going to say wasn't to my liking.

" Because there have been wrongdoings that are impossible to undo. So, therefore Aleah Monroe, I am here to help you past the darkness."

" What darkness?" I asked curiously.

" There was a dream you once had. Of Noah slicing your head off... "

I look at him suspiciously, I didn't know he could look into me that much. Even though he's a High Priest there must be a certain degree that those holy powers of him, then again, he did purposely appear in my dreams a couple of times.

" Yes?"

" Well..."

****

I slumped onto Noah's bed. After my conversation with Allen, I felt exhausted, my heart was racing, my brain hurt trying to piece everything together. But now I know what the next call of action is.

A maid walks in with a glass of ice water, " Your highness, there was no book with your exact description, in fact, there was no book at all in your old room."

It wasn't there? Allen was have taken with him, to make sure no one found about me and if they did all the information they'd find on my background would shock anyone and become a huge scandal. 

I've got to tell Noah as soon as possible. If I'm going to be spending the rest of my life with him, it's best to tell him as soon as possible; out of everyone I know, he deserves to know the most. I can't keep it hidden any longer.

As soon as the maid walks out, Noah comes with his blazer off and he was just wearing a brown vest, a white shirt and brown pants. With a sophisticated manner, he throws his jacket into a chair and sits beside my laying body.

" How was your talk with the High Priest," His hands skim through my hair softly.

" I- Well Allen told me a lot of things," 

" Allen?" Noah's voiced dropped and it sounded dark.

I look at him dumbfounded, is he jealous right now? Did I just call the High priest by his name on accident just now? I sit up quickly realising what I just did, if Noah said another female's name I would also be upset. 

" I'm sorry, he asked me to call him by his name!" 

Noah didn't look happy, not one bit. To be exact his mood darkened. I held his hands tightly," I am not interested in a 150-year-old priest. You're the only one I love!" I said sternly looking into his eyes

One of his hands slip out of mine and uses it to hide his burning red face. I can tell he's blushing even when he's covering his face. At times like these, he's really easy to read. I'll remember not to call the High Priest by his name anymore.

" I didn't say anything," 

" You didn't need to," When he turns to look at me I find an opportunity to give him a quick peck on the lips.

" So/I," we said simultaneously. 

We shared a little giggle at our perfect synchronisation, certainly a perfect couple we are. But then I quickly cleared my throat and spoke, because of my recent actions I've kind of felt all the more confident to say what I was going to say next.

" Can I say something important first?"

He nods handing me the glass of water the maid brought in. I had forgotten about it, I chugged down the glass and prepared to speak. 

Instantly as his curious eyes melted away my confidence, like ice into water. I felt that I shouldn't be prolonging this confession, he deserves to be about me more than anyone and I should tell him before it's too late or if he finds it out from someone else; for instance the High Priest.

I became nervous, my tongue was tied and I regret taking this approach in such a bold attitude. I hadn't thought this far into the process, or what his reaction may be. Maybe, I should have let him say something first.

" So? What was it you wanted to say Leah?"

" I-..." I closed my eyes shut and said.

While I held onto his hands before now it was his turn. He intertwined our fingers holding my hand tightly. He was being patient, waiting for me to say whatever it was I wanted to say. To him anything I must say must be important so he's intensively waiting for me, he's not rushing me or begging me to speak but he's comforting me and loving me instead. 

I sighed and looked at him lovingly. I really love his man.

 " I'm not from this world," I closed my eyes shut and looked down. There's no way I can look at him eye to eye while saying this, " the original Aleah... no Layla swapped our bodies, the day I got struck by 'lightning' in truth wasn't lightning. It was our souls swapping with one another. But before I was moved to Aleah's body my soul temporarily transferred to another world." 

I paused for a second. Aren't I saying too much information in one go? It's not like he'll even believe, he'll think I'm crazy after all this is finish and would want to leave me or send me to a mental hospital, not that they have any of the kind here. Worst case scenario I become a nun.

" Carry on," He said. I look at up and he looked at me just as he always did. Does this mean he believes what I'm saying?

" W-well, in that other world I was a girl called Poppy and this world was actually in a novel I read. Anyways I had died there and had woken up like me, Aleah, with memories of that previous life. But I'm not actually Aleah, my soul first originated from the body of the girl that kidnapped me."

" So what you're saying is you are-" 

" Yes, I am Layla Bourbon..."

To Be Continued