Chapter Twenty-Four

chapter twenty-four|| new home, a new chapter

" Do you have everything you need?" Mum asks, her eyes reflected a hint of sadness. She smiled at me lovingly her eyes started to tear a little bit.

Today is the day I move to the Imperial Palace, it's to be my new home from now on. I'm quite excited and yet nervous, I've been there before but I'm still worried as to how life there will be like.

Bryan walks out of the house followed by Father and Jackson who had very unpleasant facial expressions. Mother and I sent Bryan a thumbs up, thanks to him our plan is a success. It was to persuade both Father and Jackson to see me off. When Father's eyes start to water at the sight of me.

He's been taking my leave the hardest, as you can tell. I've tried my best consulting him over the past few days, he's definitely taking it a lot better than I thought he would. Through the tears I know deep down he's happy for me and that's all I need to move without any worries, I wouldn't want to leave home with regrets.

In a few minutes, I'm finally off to the Palace. Noah had insisted he come pick me up. Unfortunately, I knew he was busy; he is the Crown Prince after all, so I told him that he needed to attend to his duties first. He hasn't been working on it lately, which sincerely concerns me. Anyways, he promised to finish quickly and be there for my arrival.

The Coachman gave me a heads up about leaving very soon, I told him I was ready to leave when he was. I looked at the other carriages it was filled to the brim and the servants were almost done loading my luggage into it.

I gave everyone one last hug for goodbye, I especially hugged Father the longest, it also seemed like he didn't want to let go. Mother went over all the safety procedures and Jackson gave me a little goodbye gift, it was wrapped with a polka-dotted design with a note that said, ' Only open when you arrive,' I wonder what it is.

" My Lady!" I turn around to see that Coachman ready and waiting with his thumbs up. This is really it, I'm finally off.

" I'll be off!!" I say getting into the carriage.

It was a luxurious white four-wheeler with diamonds embedded on its doors. This was a gift from the Emperor to welcome me into the royal family even though I'm technically not, not yet that is. The dashing white horses that had silky manes complimenting the carriage was a gift from the Empress for the exact same reason.

" Stay safe Aleah," Mum smiles wiping her tears away with a blue handkerchief.

" No! don't go my darling daughter!!" Father continued to weep even harder, Bryan was holding him from running towards me.

" Make sure I become an uncle!!" Jackson says as I close the carriage door.

I smile to myself, Jacksons words slowly sink in as I imagine little me's and little Noahs' running around the place. I'm sure they'll have blonde hair because Noah and I have blonde hair and I hope they have blue eyes just like Noah. Just thinking about it makes me feel excited. Don't worry Jackson, you will be an uncle someday.

With the neighing of the horses and a loud whipping noise, the carriage starts to move. The start of the ride was a little bumpy this was probably due to large pebbles or mini tree branches laying on the ground, however, it was a smooth ride right after. I looked out the window, it was just trees and forest, is it weird to say that I'm already bored?