Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter Forty-Nine

"Other than corn soup what else do you want?"

I lean against the kitchen island and start thinking. There's nothing I really want. Then it hit me.

"Pasta." 

Noah smirks, "Good choice. Just sit back I'll handle everything from here." 

Noah throws on a pink apron and I swear my heart skipped a beat. He then head over to get a pot to boil water. 

He then lifts the sleeves of his shirt to his elbow revealing a very muscular forearm. The shirt was tight against his skin as veins were just edging off the skin. 

"Don't stare too much." I see a smirk urging to break through from his mischievous grins.

I scoff, "Don't jest yourself, your Majesty." 

Noah glances my way. The look in his eyes was sharp and very seductive, I could feel something stirring inside me. 

"don't call me that," 

"Call you what?" I continued.

"Aleah..."

His voice grew thick. I had no choice but to comply. 

"Okay." 

Quickly he went straight into cooking. Everything was done so quickly it was like he did this a million times before. 

.

.

"Done!" He places two dishes in front of me. Both looked absolutely delicious. 

The pasta cream looked so smooth and yet thick, it was even topped with mint leaves. Then the soup, gosh the soup. The corn looked like mini gold pieces, it was then decorated with thinly cut spring onions. 

This is somehow turning me into a chief. 

I take a spoon full of both dishes. 

"Wow, this is delicious!" 

I take another bite, after another. When I realise I was getting into it a little too much I drop my spoon and locked my lips clean.

"You're not gonna eat?"

He should his head, "I'd like to. But watching you eat is the best meal I could ever have."

My heart skipped, and again and again. I'm about to die at this rate.

I throw him a fork for his pasta. Eating pasta with a spoon is a big no, it's it's hard to pick it up.

We continue to eat our food chatting and laughing. This the kind of heartfelt moment that I won't ever forget. Just two people enjoying themselves while eating food.

Once we were done we leave the food into the sink. I suddenly felt weak, like my legs were about to turn into jelly.

I quickly held onto the kitchen island. Noah quickly notices and rushes to my aid.

"Aleah!"

I try shake off the weakened feeling. But it's hard when my body isn't listening to me.

Noah helps me steady. His arm wraps his arm around my back before carrying me bridal style.

Of all the shocking things that has happened, this has got to be the most shocking. The most unexpected, THE MOST AWKWARD THING EVER.

Just the two of us, in the kitchen....IM BEING BRIDAL CARRIED IN YHE KITCHEN.

My cheeks turn bright red. I hide and sink in Noah,xs arms as he leads us out and back the bedroom where I'll lay down the next week, test after test by the doctor.

He tucks me under the blanket with a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'll go get the doctor. "

Before he gets the chance to walk off I grab onto his wrists. I don't want to get another test, anything but another one.

"I dont need a doctor, can you please just stay with me?"

I see his face soften and a smile spreads across his face. He nods and carefully places himself beside me.

He brings me over to his chest, and wrapping his arms around me protectively. I snuggle in closer despite the fact that I probably couldn't sink anymore.

"This...." I mumble, slowly drifting into sleep.

"This," I hear him say before everything goes blank.

To Be Continued