Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen|| Valedictorian

" You're what?!"

" Aleah watch your tone!" Mum nagged.

That's not really the problem here mum! I mean that the only possible problem here is that no one bothers to tell me anything anymore. I looked at the three of them laughing together while conversing.

 I'm actually happy Noah is my partner, It's like I'm happy and annoyed at the same time. But I'm not really disappointed more like I'm happy he's my partner.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that I was left in the dust.

" Well, how could I miss such a significant event for my brother in law?" Noah added.

Brother in law? Why does that make my chest tighten, I looked over at Mother and Father who nodded sheepishly. I guess I'm also the only one who found that the slightest bit weird.

 He is my fiance so I guess that's usually something a fiance would say, that's maybe way no one else found that weird. But we aren't even married yet.

" I- I see." I blurt out, I didn't really know what to respond with. 

Noah started to converse with my parents, he started conversations smoothly and with each topic, he spoke with confidence as if he had planned for it. They looked so comfortable speaking with each other as if they've spoken a million times, I feel kind of left out.

" Why look at the time, we should soon depart. Or we'll be late!" dad stands up and calls Bryan to get the carriage ready.

We headed out of the dining room and to the carriages that awaited us outside.  Mum and dad entered the carriage in front whilst Noah assisted me into our carriage. I'm guessing this means that mother and father are representing the house of Monroe and Noah with me by his side we represent the royal family.

Our carriage had a lion imprinted on the doors as well. Am I going to go in this carriage? 

" Thank you," I say as he climbs into the carriages and shuts the door.

He sits across from me. That's weird why do I feel so cold all of a sudden? The carriage starts to move and I rattle around on my seat, it's awfully spacious too.

After a short ride, we arrived at the Imperial Palace. I was helped out by Noah who rushed outside to help me before a butler got the chance to welcome us. I to fix my dress that was wrinkled by sitting down before looking around.

The building in front of me was massive, so this is the prestigious academy that Jackson attends. It's a great school but the chances of women being able to come to take classes here are very low.

Misogyny and sexism still happen quite often here, which is one of the things I disliked about the book. However, when Noah becomes Emperor everything started to change. 

Inside was just as beautiful as it looked from the outside. A chandelier hung from the wall and banners and decorations were hung from the walls. Flowers in bouquets were also placed at the end of every row.

Noah stands beside me and offers me his arm, I stare at it for a while. Have his muscles always been this toned  I wrap my arms around his elbow as we walk around trying to find somewhere to sit I see Jackson sitting at the front in his blue uniform wearing his badges.