Chapter Eighteen

Chapter eighteen || a little too close for comfort

I decided to hang back a little and head outside to relax a little. The air was cool and I was freezing but I didn't mind too much. I took a seat at a bench in the garden looking up at the night sky. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to stay warm.

Being by myself at such an aesthetic memory made me wonder about a lot of things, more like what happened to my other world and what's going to happen next. It didn't scare me as much as it used to. Maybe it's because I'm looking at the sky, but I feel like it's listening to me.

" The night sky is truly beautiful tonight," I mumbled to myself as I admired all its features.

It's hard to imagine that I'm looking at millions of stars millions of light-years away, " It's as if someone had sprinkled a handful of iridescent opal dust against a velvet cloak,"

" That was beautiful!"

I jolted on my seat. I turned to the person but it was just Noah, he had me there for a second. It would have been even more embarrassing if it were someone else. He takes a seat beside me and wraps his jacket around my shoulders. I knew I was cold but I didn't know my shoulder was red. 

Noah's blue eyes glistened from the moonlight as he stared at the sky. It was, how do I put it... captivating.  I looked back up at the sky a shooting star ran past the sky. 'It's a paid actor', I giggled to myself.

" It really is beautiful huh?" I stated.

"hmm, its beauty is bewitching," he agreed.

I turn to look at him who was looking already looking at me. Did he possibly mean that I was beautiful?

" I meant the sky," I pointed out.

" I know, and I meant you." his hand finds mine, it was surprisingly warm.

The way his oceanic eyes stared deep into mine, it honestly felt like he was looking into my soul. I felt nervous, I was pulled back to reality when he started to lean in. This whole thing is wrong, I can't be doing this.

" It- It's getting late." I spouted running back into the hall holding onto his jacket tightly, damn it, I forgot to return it.

" Aleah!?" I hear him shout my name.

I ran back into the building and searched around to find mum and dad. Some ladies stared at me confused.  I just waved them off with a smile. I don't have time to think about anything else, I need to get home and fast before Noah catches up to me.

I finally found them talking with the Emperor and Empress. Great, this is the least bit favourable situation to be in, I turned around and saw Noah looking around for me. He's going to spot me sooner or later.

" Oh hey Aleah!" the Empress greeted

" Hello his Majesty the Emperor and her Majesty the Empress," I bowed, " Mother, Father. It's getting late isn't it?" I noted.

Convincing them to go home isn't very hard, it's the fact they always want to have one long chat before they leave. Mum and dad looked at each other realizing how long we've spent here. 

" Oh yes it is darling. " mum clasped her mouth from shock.

" ALEAH!" Noah said breathlessly beside me.

 I looked around relentlessly. How was he able to find me so quickly? goodness, we need to leave. Now!

" So let us go. " I urged.

" Well, we don't want to keep you waiting." The Emperor smiled and gestured for us to go.

" Yes, I'm so sorry Arthur. Let us catch up soon." Dad says.

We all said our farewell and good wishes before leaving the hall. Noah had a sour expression on his face, it also looked like he had a lot of things to say to me. I didn't hurt him, did I? No I probably did. But maybe it's all for the best.

When we got home I headed straight to my room, my parents nor Jackosn had time to get a word in. My face was still hot from the incident at Jackson's after the graduation party. I can't believe that happened, if I had waited any longer  I would have kissed Noah!!

The most surprising bit was that he initiated everything. Everything is changing, Noah doesn't hate me, instead, he might actually like me! Thee Aleah Monroe. If Aleah knew about this she'd be Ecstatic.

That night I barely got any sleep thinking about everything that happened yesterday. I hate myself for being tempted, I know I shouldn't be having these feelings at all. Well in the first place I'm still confused about what my feeling is exactly.

I want to know what my feeling for Noah was. It's just a blur in my mind whenever I think about it though. I just couldn't get over the fact that he wanted to kiss me, he even called me beautiful.

When I did fall asleep the priest in my dream that I had a few days ago appeared again. I was in a study room and he sat on his chair sighing as he shook his head. I looked around wondering if I was lucid dreaming because everything looks so real and familiar.

He gestures me towards him without looking at me, my body moves unconsciously. When he finally looks up at me he throws a book aggressively my way, ' Lost in wonderland the original' but how... Did he write this? I looked at the priest and he nodded sighing.

" Whatever you're thinking about child, it's not wrong. But how could someone who reads novels be so dull? I mean you've read books long enough to take hints and think for yourself, right?" he ranted out, " I gave you so many signs and messages too!" 

" What?" Is he nagging at me right now? I've got questions of my own right now.

" For a romance fanatic you are absolutely useless and please may the gods forgive my language but God damn. You are a stupid idiot!" 

He starts to walk around the place back and forth around the room. I'm still dreaming, right? This is all in my head, right? The priest starts to growl and looks at me and stomps towards me and grabs onto my shoulders.

" I can't say much but, live your life child. You died an unfortunate death, yes that was inevitable. But what's done is done, this is your life now, the truth will come but patience is key!! " The priest starts to fade away along with everything else. 

Suddenly everything turns black, I opened my eyes to see myself in my bedroom. So it was a dream, but it didn't feel like one. Also, who was that priest in my dream? It seemed like he was actually talking to me.

What he said to me in my dream repeat in my head over and over again, " You died an unfortunate death, yes that was inevitable. But what's done is done, this is your life now, the truth will come but patience is key!!"

the truth huh... What is the truth?

To Be Continued