Chapter Forty Eight

Chapter Forty-Eight

"So where is she now?" 

Noah looks at me averting his eyes from his books. He raises a brow. Considering how I had said that question out of the blue, I can see why he's confused.

To be fair, I was pretty sure he'd understood.

I give him a few seconds to think about it. His eyes suddenly widen as if he's come to a sudden realization.  He drops by the nightstand and pulls me into his embrace, I snuggle up laying my head onto his chest as he pulls the blankets over me.

"So?" I repeat making sure he answers the question.

"She's still currently in the dungeons."

"Really!?"

That's a bit of a shock. I had thought Noah had killed her already.

This is good for me. Maybe, I can get her to talk to me. I know she's hiding something, I just know it.

There's no way she would have given Noah the cure so easily. Unless she's had a change of heart, which I extremely doubt. Knowing her, she would have taken the cure to her grave if she wanted. 

She was so adamant in killing me before too. Something's not adding up.

"Do you think, you can take me to see her?" 

"What?!" Noah exclaimed, "After all the things she did to you, you still want to see her? No way. I won't risk losing you again."

His grip around he tightens. 

I guess I'll try ask him again later. For now I'll enjoy waking up form my coma, and being in the real world again. My world.

The world I belong in. 

I snuggle into his embrace enjoying his warmth. It's gone colder since I've been asleep, and it's the coldest winter yet. So cold all I ever want to do is lay in bed, under my soft cold blanket. 

Noah however, wouldn't let me do that. The doctor advised me to walk around, stretch my limb, get some fresh air in me. For the last few days, I've been doing exactly that under Noah's supervision.

"What do you want to eat for lunch?" he mumbled 

"Soup would be nice, corn soup."

"Okay, then we'll have exactly that."

He places the book on the bedside stand and gently places me onto the bed. I watch as he put on a shirt over his trousers.

"What are you doing?"

"You said you wanted corn soup, right?"

I raise a brow, "yes and..."

"Well, I'm going to cook it for you of course." 

My eyes widen as I sit up straight.  A wide smile spreads across my face. 

Thinking about Noah in the kitchen cooking me food... gosh even it sounds so attractive. I've got to see it happen. 

I jump out of bed and picked a coat from my dresser. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To watch you in the kitchen of course." 

"Oh okay, let's go."

I wrap my arm around him as we walk to the kitchen. The halls were freezing. Where's the insulation around here. Times like these make me miss modern-day technology. Air conditioning feels amazing in the heat, while heaters are a must during winter.

I sigh as Noah and I turn a corner. Down the aisle were a few male servants standing in front of the kitchen. They look our way.

"Your Maj-" The boy's faces start to flush. Their faces were as red as a tomato.

Noah quickly hides me behind him. His arms spread out in a protected and yet possessive manner. It took me by surprise, all I could do was cling onto his shirt.

"What are you looking at?" He spat.

"S-sorry your Majesty."

"Tell everyone in the kitchen to leave."

"Of course!"

I hear worried voices, and footsteps running around. When it goes quiet Noah turns around and looks at me. 

"What?"

"You shouldn't be wearing such a revealing nightgown outside of the bedroom." He growls. 

Revealing? It's just white... Oh. My outfit my indeed white, but it was also see-through. I hug my coat tightly around my body with an awkward smile on my face. 

"Aleah..."

"Yes, of course!" I need to quickly change the subject, "Let's get to cooking now huh? Sine you shoo'd all the servants there's no one in the kitchen to see me in my nightgown."