Chapter Eleven

chapter Eleven || Dragons exist

" DRAGON!!!" The loud scream startled everyone in the tent.

We quickly ran out of the tent only my first thought was how horrific the scene outside was. Guards in mini squadrons either prepared to attack the Dragon and the others escorted and helped the nobles of the vicinity. 

The dragon was pure black, its eyes were redder than fire. It didn't break fire like in the fairytales but it surely didn't need it to keep me paralysed on the spot, my heart was thumping, all senses of rationality completely left my body. I was scared, so scared all I could do was breathe. 

I forced my body to Look at Anna who was helping Rosie breathe, she was hyperventilating. Some knight saw her situation and helped the two to safety. I try to follow them but my feet wouldn't move. It's as if I was glued to the ground, is this how scared I am? 

Anna looked at me and gestured me to follow, it seemed like she wanted to come over to me but the knight was too strong and he dragged her away. I look at the dragon who was killing off every knight who fought it. Knowing that could be me next I desperately tried to move my feet,  however, it was futile, my feet wouldn't even budge. 

 A sudden chill crawled up my spine, something bad was going to happen. I stop trying to move my feet and slowly looked up. The closer I was to look at the dragon the more I wanted to look away.

When I finally got the courage to look at the dragon, it stopped its movement. Did they kill it? Suddenly the dragon slowly turned to look at me, it looks directly at me. Suddenly the dragon smiled. It smiled??!! My heart stopped.

 At this point, I was relentlessly trying to move my feet. The dragon paced its way towards me. Move gosh damn it, I started to punch my feet really hard. Suddenly I took a step forward losing balance. I fell to the ground my body bouncing up and down from how fast the dragon ran towards me.

I could feel my legs again and my mind became clearer but I was still scared to my wits. I got up with my lousy dress and ran as fast as I could. There was no way I'd run towards the citizens, they'll be in danger too. Instead, I ran the complete opposite way.

If I'm going to die, I'd rather not drag anyone with me. But someone please save me! Please! I looked at my dress, it could only take me so far. I quickly ripped it in half, whats was once a dress the length of my whole body was now just below my knees. 

I turned back to see the Dragon swinging his tail breaking anything in his path. The knights who tried to fight it either died in vain or got injured in the process. Why is it only chasing after me?

Suddenly I tripped over on my heels. It was a miracle I even got this far. Is this it for me? Am I going here? The dragon stood above him. Its petrifying gaze burned through me, once again I couldn't move.

The dragon raised its claw and slapped me to the right. All the air in my body left me, I was spitting blood. I laid on the ground staring at my own blood. My whole body was aching, my feet couldn't move. Please, I don't want to die.

" NOAH!!!!!" I screamed his name, will he hear me? He should be deep in the forest right now.

" LEAH!!!" I looked beside me, Noah stood there panting. His horrified face said it all, I was going to die.