Chapter Twenty Six

Chapter twenty-six || followed

" Hurry! Hurry!" Anna urges me on.

She goes from one end of the stall to another, the things she buys slowly start to pile up. She's been running around town at this exact pace since we arrived. How long can she keep this up? I sigh in the middle of the road because I can't seem to be able to keep up with her.

She has so much energy, I'm just glad she's enjoying it. I'm enjoying my time with Anna too but it definitely would have been much better with Rosie. As they say the more the merrier.

Unfortunately, she wrote in the letter that she was unable to attend. It's really upsetting but she has many more important things to do.

-Flashback This Morning-

I carefully got the letter from the bird's beak and fed it beef jerky. Apparently, messenger birds love these, so I prepared some in advance, I'm glad I did. I give it a little rub on the head, It seems to like it because it's smiling, its eyes squint into a crescent moon. So cute...

I open the letters and start to read them first let start with Anna. She didn't write much, just a few paragraphs stating how she was delighted to have been invited, there's also a whole paragraph about how thankful she is. I'm surprised that her handwriting and her sentences have gotten a lot better in a short amount of time. 

Next, I open Rosie's letter:

Dear Lady Aleah,

I am glad to say I have received your invitation, your bird was quite the charmer, he helped himself to the beef jerky laying on my study. Don't worry it was going bad anyway. With much gratitude I would be delighted to go, I have been so endorsed in my studies lately I barely have time for myself. In normal circumstances I would go, I could use an enjoyable and relaxing day like this one, but I, however, am not in a position to do so.  My final literature exam is coming up and I do not have the time to relax. 

Please do not misunderstand, I am upset right now at the thought of you enjoying yourself with Anna. I wish I could be there to spend the day with both of you. Oh how much I wish to be there! I am so sorry, I will be sure to update you on my results.

-Rosie

" Oh..." that means she's not coming.

Well, it's fine. So she's finally doing her last exam, maybe I should send her a reply wishing her luck. Hm... Nah! She won't need it and maybe I'm just going to bother again. I still wish you luck Rosie!

This means that it's just going to be and Anna!! Well even without Rosie I'll make sure to make the day worth it. I should head over to the academy to pick Anna up soon.

-End Of Flashback-

We should go out again, the three of us when Rosie isn't busy anymore. Hopefully, we can go out with the thought of celebrating her success.

I'm getting married, Rosie is graduating soon and Anna is starting her journey in the academy, time sure fly by really fast.

Up ahead I see a man, looking at me, he had brown hair, a big build and a scar across his left eye, he looked to be in his late 30s maybe even in his 40s. People walked past him but he didn't look away, I can't completely tell if he's looking at me or not since he's really far away, no he's definitely looking at me.