Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty-Three || recover process

Aleah's P.O.V

It was dark and looking into the empty pit of darkness made my head spin. I couldn't see, smell or feel anything. I could only hear a familiar cry that seemed to be coming from right beside me, though in the dark it was hard to tell exactly where it came from.

My senses slowly started to gather and I could start to feel my fingers; wiggling them ever so slightly. What came with more feeling was a sense of heaviness and ache that surged throughout my body. As if a knife was stabbing me constantly, it made me vulnerable. This was most definitely the result of fatigue and torture back from my captivity phase.

My heavy eyes start to slowly open. At first, it was just a slight peek through the eyelid, but I managed to open them fully after fighting through the heaviness. Noah was looking at me anxiously. He was on his knees leaning towards the bed. The puffy eyes, red nose, the sobbing noises I heard a few moments ago were definitely from him.

That's right, I remember. He came to save me last night. Layla had ordered them to finally kill me, but a huge commotion had stirred up and the men needed to leave.

It wouldn't be wrong to describe him as my saviour, my knight in shining armour. Because in truth, he was, but I can already imagine how cheesy it would be to actually say it to him.

Noah caresses my cheeks as tears continued to flow out of his eyes. He cried so much his eyes turned swollen as his tears soaked his shirt through. No matter how much you look at it, he is in no better condition than I am; with or without the crying.

His puffy red eyes and nose weren't the only thing off about him. He had dark circles under his eyes, his hair was messy, and he looked pale. His eyes dropped slightly from exhaustion and all the crying. Some would suspect that he was the patient and not me. But even though he's not looking his best, he's still looking amazing. The author did a great job making Noah undeniable attractive.

I giggled to myself I just find him so lovable it's frightening. I reach for his hands slowly, he reacts by grabbing hold of my hand and with his thumb, he starts to play with the back of my hand.

" I hate myself, " he whispered.

My heart started to ache, I've only started to realise just how big a word 'hate' is. Whenever I say it to myself, it never seems to be of such a big deal, however, when it's directed to him it just doesn't feel right.

The way he's saying it only means that he's blaming himself for my situation, there's no other plausible explanation. It seems I've only been thinking about my situation, but he must have been going through rough times too.

" It must have been hard on you,"

Noah shakes his head as a reply. He kind of reminds me of a puppy.

Noah as a puppy eh? He outta be with soft blonde fur just like his hair and dazzling blue eyes that never cease to mesmerize me. Getting lost in all his wonders have started to become a habit.

" Don't blame yourself for what happened. None of that was your fault." I reassured him that it wasn't his fault.

To begin with, it was Layla's fault for kidnapping me!! If it wasn't for her Noah wouldn't be doubting himself and we'd be happily planning our marriage.

I look at him, he wore a painful look in his eyes, " No, it is my fault. Not once, whether you had been attacked by a dragon, kidnapped by mercenaries or falling over because of me. Not once was I able to protect you..." Tears sprung from his eyes as he held my hand tighter.