Chapter Twelve

Chapter twelve|| recovery period

Aleah's P.O.V

" NOOOO!" I screamed, opening my eyes.

I was sweating- heavy and exhausted, my heart was beating rapidly. I slowly sat up a sharp pain stabbed through my ribs. Argh! I lifted my shirt to see myself bandaged up. Ouch...

I looked around the room, it was early morning before the light rose from the horizon... I was in an unfamiliar room, in an unfamiliar bed. All I know is that everything just seems so luxurious.

" LEAH?!" I looked to the side and I could barely make out who it was in the dark.

Noah stands up from his armchair expressing both relief and pain as he slowly walked towards me.

The realisation hits him and runs up to me- wraps his arms around me and buries my head in his shoulder. The impact hurt a little bit but not so much a little wince couldn't handle.

" I- I'm so sorry I came late." He whispered with a hoarse voice.

 The incident flashed into my mind, my heart dropped, all the tears that welled up inside suddenly decided to let themselves out. The dragon, its scorching red eyes, the fear, all of it was still tangible in my mind.

I cried, just cried. It was quite the scene, I found comfort in his warmth, the way his fingers skinned through my hair ever so gently sent warm shivers through my spine, I felt like I belonged in his arms though it's not my place. But can't I just be greedy for a little bit?

Noah breaks out of the hug; he starts to caress my cheeks and wipe my tears. Taking a closer look at him now, he had bags under his eyes and his complexion looked horrid. How much time has passed for him to look this bad...

" It wasn't your fault," I patted his head softly, " thank you for saving me."

" How did you know it was me?"

" Who else but you? Even the knights couldn't do anything about the situation." He squeezed my hand, his face turned dark. 

" Hey, look I'm fine now. And that's all the matter right?" He pouts nodding.

" I was scared you were never going to wake up after being asleep for 5 days straight."

5 days straight? It has already been that long? It only feels like I've slept for a few hours. It's hard to believe I've slept that long.

"Lay down, I'm going to call the doctor," he insisted slowly laying me down.

I'm pretty sure he should have gone to get the doctor as soon as I woke up. I tried to wiggle my feet but it felt like it was bandaged up as well, It hurts a lot but I don't think it's broken. 

The door bursts open and medical people walk into the room behind them was my family and friends, Noah was last to enter closing the door behind him. They gathered around the bed parts from the doctors everyone was crying.

" Well, it's nice to see you guys," I say

" Are you okay, I heard about your severe injuries!" Dad started to worry and I wanted to reassure him but I was too exhausted so I just smiled.