Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter thirty-four|| Allen Cohen

Aleah's POV

I stare out the window, at the clear blue sky that I, yet again, cannot experience.
An endless cycle of recovering and then getting hurt that results in house arrest.
I'm starting to this that this will soon become the norm, maybe I should start to get used to it.

Since I woke up I've been stuck in Noah's room, again, not that I mind. Thanks to I've been sleeping on the same bed as him, though he usually comes and tucks himself in bed after I'm asleep since he's always arriving late due to his immensely big schedule.

All the luxury in the world; free for me to look at, the comfortable bed, waking up in the morning to see a handsome man beside me, it's absolute bliss. However, just as much as I love his room it's so boring~.

The boredom is absolutely killing me, every ounce of my body just wants to experience the outside world, to run free, to smell fresh and feel the cool breeze. It's the kind of luxuries that are taken for granted.

Yet I'm stuck here unable to move, well I can move but the maids waiting by the door eye me every second making sure I don't move a single inch out of my bed.

This was of course ordered by Noah, who was well overprotective of my health and wellbeing. However, even though my bruises and wounds aren't fully healed I can still walk around and move without being in pain. There was no need for such strict procedures.

I lay back onto the bed frustratingly, I eyed the maids who haven't looked away from ever since they got here. They wore poker faces however I could feel the worriedness oozing out of them.

Suddenly the maids move away from the door as it opens up. Anna walks in looking good as new in a frilly pink dress and a summer hat.

I was meaning to visit her but due to my current circumstances, it was impossible. There were many times I tried to sneak out through the window or burst out from the doors. But the sinister look on Noah's face convinced me to stop.

" Anna!!" I exclaimed throwing my hands.

" I was so worried!!" She said slapping me on the shoulder.

The maids were quick to take action coming to my side and checking my shoulder but I was quick to dismiss them. These maids are way too uptight, they're even embarrassing me in front of my sister in law!

" Sorry about them,"

" It's alright,"

" So what brings you here?" I asked as she took a seat beside me. 

" Well I heard that Rosie didn't visit, so I came here instead."

It's true, a few days after I was rescued, Rosie went back to the academy. Apparently, she'd missed a lot of days trying to help with the rescue mission. I didn't really feel offended when she hasn't visited yet, she's helped with so much even though her exams are right around the corner.

Christian came to visit me once, he just came to deliver a letter from Rosie, of course, I quickly sent back a reply. But, it was rather odd how Christian volunteered to personally give me a letter Rosie wrote.

They must have been meeting for a while now, that's probably how he got hold of Rosie's letter in the first place. I just got to know if there's something between them. I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm dying to know if they're dating.

" Thank you for coming, Anna. I get so bored whenever I'm stuck secluded in a room like this, " I sighed letting all my frustration out.

Anna giggles a little bit, before taking a bite of a rainbow cookie. I stare at her confused, was there something to be laughing about?