Chapter Ten

Chapter ten|| The Hunt

6 Years Later

" I feel like I'm forgetting something."

Anna looks at me as we sew patterns onto a handkerchief to give to the boys during The hunting tournament. The hunting tournament happens during autumn when most animals have finished reproducing. The winning participant is the crowned king of the hunt and can bestow his winnings to a lady and thus become the queen of the hunt.

Handerchief's are given to recognise relationships or partnership between and participant and a lady.  It's the first time Jackson, Christian and Noah are participating since the age restrictions are 16 and older since the probability of getting injured are very high.

 They've been looking forward to this for years, especially Noah. Whenever he comes over -which is every second day nowadays- he never forgets to mention it. He also never forgets to remind me to give him a handkerchief.

" Me too..." Rosie looks at her one.

" Leah!!!" She whins and I sighed looking at their handkerchief that looked completely fine.

With her father's permission, Rosie was able to stay at our estate for a couple of days. Just for the intent of her going to the hunt with us. Of course with that privilege comes the great responsibility of keeping her safe, but I know Christian will do a good job with that task.

" There isn't anything wrong with it well maybe add your initials and the person you're giving it to. So since I'm giving mine to Noah I'd put 'A & N'. "

" That's a good idea." They say getting back to work.

I looked at my finished handkerchief. At the top left was a Sun and the bottom right was a rose. Then at the bottom left in a heart was the initials,  'A&N'. I don't know why I did it, by the time I realised what I was doing I had already finished it. There's not enough time to restart either since the hunt is tomorrow.

The door suddenly opened and The Emperor and Empress came inside with my parents laughing. They probably hadn't realised we were in the room because they were also shocked to see us. Wrong room maybe? 

After settling down, The adults sat down and we showed them what we had been working on for days.

" Wow, Aleah, The sun and rose to look amazing It's so well detailed too, it's hard to imagine this was done by a 14-year-old. Noah will love this." She holds it out for everyone to fawn over. 

That's right I'm 14 this year, it's been exactly 6 years since I've woken up as Aleah and 3 years until the female lead, Layla shows up. I've been living how I've wanted, I couldn't really do much but build up my relationships with everyone.

I haven't gone to any tea parties and getting to know other ladies and building connections because I was busy studying etiquette, history and basic education. My parents were so shocked to see how advanced I was as a 10-year-old even though I hadn't had any prior lessons. 

They foresaw an academic path for me but it was too late by then. I had already been engaged to Noah, I guess if I hadn't been engaged to him so early scholarships could've been my pathway out of death. But I believe things happen for a reason. 

" Yes, it certainly is a stunner. It adds to her credibility of becoming the next Empress! " Everyone nodded and agreed except me. Right now they'll think I'm perfect for the role, but when Layla appears it'll be a whole other story.

" Your Majesty, you jest!" I laughed.

" I dare not! You are perfect for the role!" His Majesty grinned, iT's clear as of right now, he has no plans of making another maiden to be the crown princess.