Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter thirty-nine|| I won't leave you

I watch as Noah got changed into what people call the 'Emperor's clothing', looking powerful and sophisticated; I felt proud. I felt somehow nervous today, I sat on the sofa in a dress made my Madam Louven the best tailor in all of the lands.

Noah looks my way and walks over to me. He takes my hands and intertwine our fingers. I felt his hand shake, no doubt he's just as nervous as I am.

" You'd be safer if you went with Allen," He mumbles looking down.

An awkward smile spreads across my face, " You heard?" he nodded.

damn it. 

" I could leave, but then it'd mean I'd be leaving you? There's no way I'd do that." I stood up and hugged him around the neck, his arms wrap around my waist.

We stayed in our hugging position for quite a while. I felt comfortable in his arms, he probably felt the same. He snuggled his face into my neck, I giggled at his breathe tickling my skin.

" So my other worldly lover," he starts backing away from me, he holds onto my hands squeezing it softly, " Shall we go?"

I smiled at his joke, " Let's"

____________

Today was Noah's official coronation, he was to be crowned Emperor. Since his Majesty's condition doesn't seem to be doing well, he has agreed to let Noah succeed the throne, the Empress was more than happy herself.

I sat in the front row of the hall. It was big, there was atleast 500 people in here. Most of the people I knew, some were delegates form other countries. For sure, everyone here was very powerful.

Sat beside was the Empress, Rosie, Anna, Christian and Jackson. We were seated on the left, on the right seated the high ranked delegates. The hall kind of seemed like that of a wedding hall. Would Noah and I get married here aswell? I smiled thinking about how cute it would be. I'd be crying my eyes out and Noah would be right next to me to comfort me.

Anytime now, Noah would be walking down the hall and will be crowned by the Allen. Noah hates the temple, but since Allen was someone who was trusted Noah chose him.

The door opens and the room falls down silence. Everyone turns back and sees Noah standing there gallantly, shining in his white and gold outfit. It was like I had fallen in love all over again. He marches down the hall, our eyes met for a second. He sent me a smile that nearly gave me a heart attack.

He approaches Allen and the ceremony starts. Everyone was quiet, no sound, no movement just Allen and his words that was heard even at the furthest area of the hall.

An hour passes and Allen was still speaking, is this how long it usually takes? I looked around and saw Count Bourbon sitting at the far back, I can't believe he's here. I look at who was seated beside him and Layla was nowhere to be seen.

I clenched my fists staring at the empty spot beside him. She's not there, she's definitely plotting something. I need to know what it is. I'm not letter her ruin such a great day.

" What's wrong?" The Empress whispered.

I look back at her, I gave her a reassuring smile. I need an excuse to leave, a good one.

" Um, I need to go for a number 1."

She nods and I leave creeping at the sides, thankfully I didn't attracted much attention to myself. But, if the next Emperor's fiance decides to sneak off in the middle of his coronation I'm sure a lot of people would be looking my way.

I leave the room, the servants closed it off behind me. I looked around for Layla but she wasn't anywhere near the halls? I try to look for clues in which direction she went, left or right. But I couldn't find anything

I give in following my instincts and turning left, I walk down the hall that lead to a 3 paths to take. I look to my right I know that way leads outside to the courtyard straight lead to where the after party, or in other the celebratory banquet, was being held. That leaves me with one more option, left.

I turn to see Layla with an evil grin all the way at the end of the hall. She turns away and runs out of view, as I run to catch up to her, my feet suddenly stop on it's own. I had a feeling something bad is going to happen if I follow, my whole body told me not to go.

But if I don't follow her there's no telling what she's up to. I can't let her ruin Noah's day.

To be Continued