Chapter One

Chapter one|| Plans and farewells

Aleah's POV

It's been a week since I've died and woken up in this world as Aleah. It's still so shocking that I'm the villain of my favorite romance novel. Wait what happens to Aleah in the novel anyways?

I take a sip if my western brewed tea. Aleah is a bratty kid who falls in love with the crown prince and forces to marry him. Layla comes into the picture when she's 17, at the princes coronation ceremony.

They fall in love at first sight and with jealousy she bullies Layla and tries to seduce The crown prince, Noah.

I found out that I'm currently 8 years old. Aleah or 'I' fall in love with the Crown Prince, Noah, whom she meets when she's 12. Then when she turns 18 she inevitably dies. How ironic, she dies by the hand of the man she loved with all her heart. 

I look outside the window when a maid comes walking up to me " The Duke is leaving for the imperial palace." The maid informed.

"Papa? Why?" I stand up and walked towars the door

" For reasons that our young lady us too young to know! However he wanted me to come get you nontheless" She smiles.

I'm not that young, I'm mentally 24 years old. but of course, they don't know that.

I must say, being treated like this isn't so bad. I wonder how my family in the other world is gonna take my death? Well, they never really cared about me anyways, even my maids here seem more like a family than they ever did.

The maid walks me to the front door where dad was getting ready to enter his carriage. He talks to the butler, Bryan, who gives papa his briefcase. After having a small chat, papa looks towards me and smiles.

" Come here, Leah!" Leah is the nickname my family calls me. I remember this happening in the novel, she hated it. I think it's cute though.

The maid stops by the door and I run towards father. He picks me up and gives me a hug, it's a really tight hug, I can barely breathe.

" P-papa, A-air!"  Father loosens his grip laughing.

" Sorry, my little princess! Anyways papa is gonna be gone for a while, so be a good girl and look after mum okay?" I nod.

" Of course papa! But where's Jacky?" Jacky is what I decided to call Jackson. It's also what Aleah called Jackson in the novel.

" He's already left to the imperial palace."

Oh, that's right, I must have forgotten, Jackson studied at a renowned school at the Imperial Palace. After he graduated he became a royal knight. Jackson was also madly in love with Layla, He even risked his life for her. 

Although they were close, it always seemed like she was leading him on. Layla only ever thought of Jackson as a friend, but he took her kindness the wrong way. Eventually, Jackson left the royal knights and disappeared.

Poor guy. But this time I'll make sure he finds the one, and he gets his own happy ever after. I'm gonna change the ways of the novel because this is now my reality. I won't be the introverted book addict I was before.