Chapter Seven

Chapter seven|| what could go wrong?

Rosie is about to arrive any second now, what am I going to do? I'm freaking out. I've double-checked, no tripe checked everything. Nothing is out of place, but this is the first time I've actually invited anyone home, everything has to be perfect.

I pace around the room, biting my nails. The maids tried to calm me down, it wasn't working whatsoever. I'd applaud them for the effort if I wasn't so anxious. When are they going to get here? She isn't planning on bailing right?

No Rosie would never do that to me. But she could, her sisters could force her home. No, her mum is coming with her maybe they're just running late because they're running behind. I start to hear the faint sound of a carriage from outside. I looked through the window and saw Rosie's carriage she's here! She's really here. I guess half my anxiety must have been thinking she wasn't going to come. I feel slightly more relieved.

I quickly head outside to welcome her, mum was already there waiting outside. I heard mum and Rosie's mum were great friend back when they were little girls. I hope that'll be me and Rosie in the future.

Their carriage pulls up and Bryan the butler helps them out. Rosie quickly runs up to me while mum greets her mother. She had grey hair and green eyes just like Rosie. It was like she copies and pasted herself! just in smaller form.

Rosie and I greet each other, it feels like I haven't seen her in forever even though it's only been a few days. Our first time meeting each other was then too. Rosie hands me a stack of books tied together by a cute ribbon.

" Leah, " Rosie's mum approaches us, " I'm Rita Rosie's mum, I hope the two of you get along well. "

" Thank you, ma'am, Rosie is such a great friend!" I look over to Rosie who blushes.

" Haha well get along now sweety, " Mum encourages, " Didn't you have something in store for Rosie? If you need us, Riri and I are going to have tea in the garden,"

Riri? Is that what mum calls Rosie's mum, Just how I call Rosiera, Rosie. We must be the spitting image of them! Enough of that I have a lot planned, I quickly lead Rosie into my study room. It was half library half lounging area, making it really cosy.

" Leah, I just wanted to say. But what happened to your hands?" She points at the, Ah- she's already noticed.

" I, um... You'll see soon enough but for now, would you like some tea and food?" I pointed at the tea table, that was already set up, she nodded.

We sit down on opposite ends, she hesitates to eat but I give her a nod of approval, not that she needed one. I try to pick up a sandwich but my fingers started to sting, I quickly place it back without Rosie noticing. I'll eat later I guess. 

" I've always been meaning to ask," She starts, " but what happened to your forehead." 

I start to play with it, oh yeah I was just so focused on other stuff I forgot about it. Without it, I wouldn't be in such a sticky situation.  It wasn't my fault in the first place though, but I guess everything happens for a reason.

I looked at Rosie, I wonder what to tell her. The complete truth? the whole story? It's best not to say anything right now.

" Um, I had a little accident with the Crown Prince, " she nods. 

I smile as she starts to eat her food, I'm glad she's enjoying everything so far. I was so worried for no reason, like what could go wrong? I'm certain everything will go the way I want it today.

Time passes and Rosie stops eating, it's time to move onto the next thing on my list. After we ate, or more like after Rosie ate, I showed her around the library area. She was left in awe when I took her to the second level that was connected with a spiral staircase.