Chapter Thirteen

Chapter thirteen|| moving on

Aleah's POV

It took a while for me to get out of bed, after a month I was still bedridden.  Because of my ribs, it was hard to sit up or move in general, my pelvis bone made it uncomfortable to sleep at night and my ankle didn't make things any better.

Now, after 4 months, I'm able to move around Noah's room. He won't let me out and after I tried to he stationed knights right outside the door. At least I have privacy in here.

Noah comes to visit at least 100 times every day, sometimes I wonder if he's even busy at all but I know that he is. Everyone visits me occasionally, so I'm never bored, they also bring food and gossip which I love to listen to.

After I woke up officials came to visit me to ask about what had happened and it was confirmed that magic was indeed a part of the dragon event. There was also evidence of magic used on me, which was found on my dress.

However since the empire has no knowledge or a full understanding of magic, they weren't able to track it down to find the culprit.  This sent the empire into chaos, most people didn't even know that magic existed, now there was a magician on the loose.

Knock Knock

I turned behind me to see Christian and Rosie standing by the door. Rosie hurried to hug me as if I didn't just see her yesterday. 

" It's nice to see you too," I smiled separating myself from her.

I welcomed the both of them in and sat them down at the couch that was circled a coffee table, they placed a desert box onto the table as I asked a maid to prepare tea and utensils. The utensils were prepared quickly but the tea will take some since it needs to be boiled in the kitchen.

" What's new?"

I say as I sat down. I saw Rosie yesterday but it has been quite a while since I've seen Christian. He's been busy helping father and the Royal Family to visit, which I don't blame him for, so this is a good chance for us to catch up. The both of them looked at each other then at me, what was that for?

" Well.. how do I put this..." Christian, places his sword down and Rosie starts to bite her lip. Usually what that means is that she's nervous.

" Well, the search for the magician's case has been closed until further detail. " Christie says.

Was that all? I had expected something big. Well I saw this coming, to catch a magician it takes just as much knowledge as they have and more to catch them, you can't outsmart someone who has a complete advantage over someone else.

" Noah was pretty upset about it too. " Christian picked up a piece of dessert and took a bite, " He kept saying how we shouldn't sit back while the person who hurt you was still alive." 

" I agree with Noah, but the Emperor has the final word," Rosie sighs frustratedly.

The maid comes in and starts to pour the tea into cups, we stopped our gossip since we didn't want rumours to start. I took this opportunity to cut take a piece of dessert and try it. I chose green tea macaroons. Macarons are a national delicacy, hundreds of people line up just for a box, so it must have been hard to get. 

The maid finishes pouring the tea and courtesy, " Thank you so much." I said.

" You don't need to thank me, my lady," She blushes and hides her face with her hand.

Indeed, I didn't. I didn't even need to talk to her and just let her be on her way. But I did so anyway because everyone needs to be acknowledged in some way now and then.