Chapter Twenty Eight

chapter twenty-eight|| cause of death... me

Aleah's P.O.V

That night Richard carefully listened to what I asked him to do. Whether he understood or not, I didn't know.

If this plan works, I'll be out of here in maybe a week. Though, there's also a possibility Richard would snitch and tell the scar-faced man about the plan.

Trusting my enemy, thinking about it makes me want to laugh, if someone saw me right now they'd think I was crazy. But I've got no choice but to trust and believe that there is still hope left. 

I believe in Richard if someone was to pull through, it'd be him. The only one in this awful place to even give me a fraction of kindness was him. 

The next on patrol wasn't so negotiable. If I even moved an inch or made a noise it would lead to punishment, and it wasn't your usual punch it was more like a constant beating. I cower into a ball trying to ease the pain even if it was just a little bit.

I wasn't even able to sleep that night. The pain kept me awake, I stared at the wall in a daze wondering how life would have been if this never happened, how I'd be happy getting ready for my wedding with Noah. 

It felt like so much time had passed, night or day was nonexistent and I didn't know whether it was morning. The only thing I fully knew was that I was heavy-eyed, frosty and in pain. Not a single place in my body ached terribly.

The opened wounds from yesterdays events stayed fresh body and mind. I dabbed my cloth on it cleaning it a little bit, stinging pain came with every dab, after a few I'd had enough. 

In the 'morning' people came in, this time they cut the ropes that were tightly securing my wrists together. It was bruised to the point of being dark purple, it was numb for a second as blood started circulating.

They brought in more mechanisms today. I wasn't oblivious to not know that they were all torture devices, thankfully none of them like it would kill me, and so it continued.

A man with long black hair stuck his dagger out in front of me, I flinched a little bit, what is he going to do with it? His mouth curves into a slasher smile licking the dagger stained in my blood. One word described what I felt, disgust.

He came closer to me dabbing the dagger on top of my skin, he slowly digs the blade into my arm cutting small slits. His epicaricacy showed no bounds, a certain malicious satisfaction glowed in his eyes as he watches me agonize in pain.

I didn't want to give him such opportunity, oh to smack that ugly smug off his face would do me wonders. But I knew if I wanted to live I'd have to endure the pain just a little longer.

They quickly got bored when I stopped responding, " You're no fun, tch" 

Their blatant annoyance to my endurance gave me a sense of relief, it seems the tables have turned somewhat. However, the reason why I couldn't react mainly because I didn't have any strength left in me to. 

I wasn't responsive either, I just did whatever they told me to, and let them drag me wherever they wanted. My mind told me to fight back but my body wouldn't respond, it was as if my body no longer listened to me. 

I had the hands to move but I couldn't use them. There was also the fear of them tying me back up if I retaliated.

They would torment me till I was about to faint, it was as if they were told to beat me to a certain point and then stop. There were many times where I was on the brink of death, the thought scares me but I'm certain death would be more painless than this.

" Let's end it for today, she's going to be here soon," They cleaned the room of the bloodstains and torture devices, a man with a robotic arm threw a cloth my way and a small tub of water, " Clean yourself up."

My body lays motionless for a good half hour I used this break to recover any energy at least a margin of the energy I just lost. I'm sure there was something bigger waiting for me ahead.

In the corner of my eyed I spot the sharp rock from last night. I could use that to cut the rose around my feet, I'm no going to use it just yet, for now I need to hide it and wait for the right moment.

First of all I need to figure out how to clean myself, who cares about cleaning myself, I can't even move! A while later Layla walked into the room angrily.

She dashed towards me and slapped my cheek angrily, " You!! How dare you drag a child into this mess," 

A child? She couldn't be thinking about Richard right? What happened to him? A lot of questions circled in my brain, so many my head started to hurt.

" Well, anyway he's dead now. His little attempt to escape was futile. "

The men wore smug smiles, some even high five each other. To think that they would celebrate the death of a kid. He had a whole life ahead of him, but they took away in an instant. These people are monsters!

" Now, now Aleah. You don't think we killed him did you?" Layla snickered, " Who was the one who suggested he escape in the first place?" 

" Wha-" 

" I'm trying to say that, You.Killed.Him," she poked my head harshly with her index finger.

My heart started to beat against my chest, what's this unpleasant feeling? I- I killed him? I only wanted to do what was best for him, and they were the ones who inevitably took his life away... No. If I hadn't told him to help me he wouldn't have died in the first place. I killed him.

I bring my knees to my chest and my hands grapple onto my hair. I broke into a sweat as I sway back and forth like a cradle. My breathing my unsteady and my mind wandered off to places I wish it didn't.

" I killed him..." I mumbled to myself.

No that's not right, I look at Layla who smiled at me ominously, this is what she wants. for me to despair, to completely succumb to my despondent thoughts. She never really cared about Richard, in a likelihood, she probably doesn't even know his name.

What do I do now? There's still the fact that Richard is still dead because of me... poor Richard, I hadn't thought of that possibility, my heart clenched tight. I'm so sorry Richard...

For now, I need to stay strong. If I cry now they would torment me more. Noah will still find me one way or another, I'm sure of it... I am... I- actually don't know anymore.

****

Noah's P.O.V

" What are you trying to say?"

" I already said it, mister. I know where she is..."

To Be Continued