Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter twenty-nine|| The Escape

Richard's P.O.V

When my shift was over Mezin, a sadistic asshole, came to take over. I was a little worried that he would do something to her, but I can't do anything but be a bystander.

As I walk down the dimly lit hallway I speedily hide Lady Aleah's hair in my pocket before anyone saw, I've got to keep thus safe no matter the cost. If this works I can finally work my way out of poverty!

I head over to the kitchen to find something to eat, I always skip dinner since I have to watch lady Aleah. Sneaking something out of the pantry isn't hard to do but I also want to find something useful in there too.

I stayed in the kitchen and ate taking my time. I waite till everyone was out, so when the coast was clear I quickly open random drawers until I found the utensil section. Surely there must be something.

Amongst the spoons was a rust butter knife but it was still a little rough on the edges. I'll find something this use this for. I stuff it into my pocket and continued to look for something else.

" Rich?"

I jolt on the spot, did I already get caught? I stayed frozen, my body became stiff as pressure in my chest started to build. I need to slowly back away without looking suspicious.

I turned to look around to face them,
" Rico?!" I said surprised.

Rico was my best buddy, brown hair; grey eyes, we grew up in the same orphanage together, we even share the same birthday; I've known him for as long as I can remember.

Rico has a tendency to do whatever he wants to, no matter what anyone says; if he's made up his mind, there's no going back. For instance, the only reason why we got associated with Blade (A/N: Blade is the scar-faced man) and his crew is that Rico helped us fight our way for a spot. A monster in the battlefield and kitten anywhere else, there's no guessing what he's thinking about.

The fight dor a spot on the mercenary crew ended with a complete blood bath against other orphans our age. It still terrifies me to this day. I remember my friend Rina, a small 6 year old girl, reaching out her small bloodied hand begging for help. I clenched my fist trying hard to forget, well it wad all in the past now. However, there is no denying that I am only alive right bow thanks to Rico.

I should take him with me! What I lack he'll make up for, and this way we can both escape this hellish place.  We can finally live the lives we've always wanted!

First I need to explain to him about the situation, but has to be somrwhere private, where no one can here us. Not in this small kitches where people could easily eavesdrop... I look to the side and see the storage room. Perfect.

" Come!" I grabbed onto his elbow and took him with me towards the storage room.

" H-hey!" 

Rico stumbles into the room after I push him in, I close the door behind us making sure no one was in the kitchen. I sigh and turn around to face him, Rico looks at me confused. HE must be wondering why I'm acting suspiciously.

First I should show him Lady Aleah's hair, he'll understand easier this way. I search through my pocket making sure I'm holding all the strands of her hair, I take it out and show it to him.