Chapter Twenty One

Chapter twenty one|| Pure Bliss

" I love you too!" I said. That sounded much better in my head.

I quickly looked away trying to avoid eye contact, my chest tightened from the tension and my heart was racing. Gosh, I can't believe I just did that.

A few seconds past and I wonder if he was ever going to say anything. If things go on like this It'd be better if I just ran away.

A cold sunset breeze brushed past the two of us, the way it just barely skinned the tip of my neck sent me shivers, It's getting colder by the second.

" Say it again..." He finally says.

I turned to look his way, his face was scrunched in confusion however, at the same time he was happy. As the breeze continued to pass, his hair along with it, made my heart melt. Somehow looking at the way his oceanic eyes shimmered by the glow of the sun gave me the confidence to say it again.

" I love you too okay?!" 

Again, no difference. It felt just as awkward as the first time. In fact, it's even more awkward now. Suddenly Noah pulls me into his embrace. I return his affection by hugging him back by the waist; his warm breath tickling my shoulder.

I could feel his heart beating against my body. It definitely was not at a normal pace, neither was mine, our hearts synchronized to fit one another. I felt reassured and happy as I melted into his chest, I wonder if he can hear mine too.  

" I love you, Aleah!" He says out loud.

" Shh~" I pleaded, I didn't want him to embarrass himself, or me.

Mind that we were still in public too, so I was a little weary of my surrounding. Anyone could notice he was the Crown Prince at any moment, or that I was the daughter of Duke Monroe. If he stood out too much it could blow our cover.

 I admit I was a little distracted because of the whole situation. I mean who wouldn't be taken aback by this situation in itself. It's not easy confessing and It's certainly not easy being the one confessed to.

I quickly examined the area and there were barely any people around. If they were, their attention wasn't towards us. It was come and go with them, phew, I got lucky this time. 

" here," He places his hand on my chin and turns my head towards him.

Gosh, oh no my heart is beating way too fast. That move was totally uncalled for, I wasn't even expecting that from him. Noah was pouting his lip, he reminds of a puppy wanting love from its owner.

I couldn't help but smile to myself. To able to make feel this way... He really is something.

" Look here. At me, and only me." Now both his hands were on my face, " Those people aren't more important than me." 

I nodded my head, " I'm sorry."

All this time I was holding in such a beautiful feeling. I avoided a situation like this to start with because I was following the Novel' timeline.

But I'm not going to be running away from the problem anymore, I'm going to face the future headstrong.  I'm scared about the future, and what's going to happen. I have a bad feeling about something too. But I'm sure whatever happens, I'll be able to get cope with it one way or another.

Right now it's just me and Noah. I can't believe the man I always fantasized about while reading the novel is right here in front of me. And confessed, just the two of us.

The way he stared into my eyes put me into a daze. How he stared at me lovingly, I've only realised how he's been looking at me like this for the longest time. However, I was too blind to notice. He started to lean in slowly, his eyes never left mine, not even for a second. Is he leaning in for a kiss?! What do I do in a situation like this?