Chapter 42: Nightmare

"What do you mean he had a sister?" Akashi said harshly.

His father was lying on the hospital bed, stripped off any liveliness in his body. He had an oxygen mask on his face but Akashi clearly heard what his father just said.

"He ...had an.. older sister…" his father groaned again.

Akashi stood there thundered. All those years ago, when he rescued Ena from that sick house of the Kajanoka family, he made sure no member of that family would remain alive. 

He was so blinded by rage at that time that he hardly cared whether it was morally correct or not- in fact that was a downright disgusting crime. But he didn't care. If he were to go back again in that time, he'd do that same thing without any hesitation. He didn't care as long as it meant Ena was safe.

But in hindsight, did this rage of his make him do such a miscalculation?

"She was studying abroad at that time…" His father added.

Still, Akashi should have made sure that none of them were alive. Now this person could be the possible suspect behind Ena's abduction. He felt his blood boil and heart beat increase.

"What is her name?" Akashi asked his father roughly.

"She goes by the name Haruka…"

Akashi's eyes widened in shock as he stood there thundered. 'Haruka? Her best friend?!'

"But her real name was Harumi Kajanoka."

That was all Akashi needed. 

He sprang up on his feet, marched towards the door and was about to get out of the hospital room when he heard his father's croaky voice again. He turned his head slightly to glance at the man who was the part reason behind all this- the reason why he couldn't keep Ena safe.

"Seijuro… I'm sorry... for everything I've done… to you and… to Ena." He said.

Akashi's eyes hardened in silent rage. "It's too late but if you had to know, I forgave you a long time. Because I realized the last thing mother would want me to do was to hate you. And so would Ena."

With that he strode out of the pallide hospital room.

The drive back to the Akashi mansion was silent. Aihana asked him questions after questions about what his father had told him and if he had mentioned anything about their upcoming marriage but Akashi stayed silent. Fortunately she caught the hint before they reached the car, hence, the silent journey in the black limousine.

As soon as Akashi reached the mansion he started making calls to his men, to track down this last member of the Kajanoka family and inform him as fast as possible.

As he paced around his office, Aihana approached him with a concerned look on her heart shaped face.

"Sei-kun, is anything wrong?"

"No, Aihana." Akashi said curtly. "Nothing's wrong. If you want, you can go back."

Aihana felt a pang of hurt hearing those words. "I don't wanna go back because you clearly don't look okay. Why don't you ever tell me anything? I'm your fiance, you know!"

Akashi rubbed his forehead in annoyance. He really didn't have time for this. "Aihana, we'll talk about this later. Just not now."

Aihana remained silent for a minute and Akashi went back to his table and sat down on his swirling chair. His long fingers pushed through his crimson locks as he closed his eyes and leaned back.

"Is it anything about Ena?" 

Aihana's quiet voice made Akashi open his eyes. He turned around and looked at her with an unfathomable expression. "Why do you suspect that? Should I assume that you know something?"