Chapter 32: Secrets beneath the dangers

***IMPORTANT: Before you read this chapter, you have to reread the Chapter 22: A visit from the past. I have rewritten that chapter and changed a whole lot of things that are very VERY important for the main plot. So I suggest you to read that chapter once again so that you can understand everything better.

Come on, go ahead. Reread that chapter.

I'll wait.

Done? Ok, now you may proceed with the chapter ahead.

_

My phone fell off my hand abruptly.

The noise of dropping my phone faded out in the distance along with the squeaking sound of shoes and bouncing ball on the basketball court as I slipped into the dark, deep trance of my own. As if in a split second I was transported into a different world than the rest of them; a world filled with my own misery, worry, anxiety and pure solitude. A world where no light of hope existed for me.

'What in the world is happening with me?

What is it that I have done wrong?

Who in the world would go to such lengths just to kill me off?'

No answer appeared in my mind, instead pent up frustration started boiling with uncontrolled rage. I wanted to scream; I wanted to scream out of my lungs. Why me?

All I desired was a normal peaceful life. Nothing more. Was that too much to ask for? Back then and still now... why is it that I never get what desire?

My face remained completely blank and hard like granite though, not revealing any of my inner turmoil through my expression or whatsoever.

I snapped back to reality when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I slowly looked up and saw Akashi standing before me. His other hand was gripping my phone which was lying on the ground with a cracked screen earlier.

My mind faintly tried to remind me that I could hardly manage any money this month to buy a new phone. Though the thought vanished as soon as it came. Maybe I'd worry about it later.

"Ena..." Akashi called out softly.

I looked up into his heterochromatic eyes laced with concern and something I couldn't pinpont.

"Akashi," My raspy voice was just above a whisper. "What... is happening with me?"

He didn't answer. I knew he didn't have any answer. But I still asked.

Instead his grip around my phone tightened and his gaze hardened. I knew it was not directed at me or meant for me but I still felt a cold shiver run down my spine. I was way too familiar with that cold, homicidal look on Akashi's face.

I averted my gaze behind him to see the others at the court. Apparently they hadn't notice anything, too indulged in their game. My eyes couldn't seem to focus properly, my emotions were still in disarray. I just saw some mop of colorful hairs running around the court. Though I did notice how the teal haired one stopped every now and then to stare at our way.

The text replayed inside my head, the words dancing before my eyes even when I closed them shut. The warmth of Akashi's hand on my shoulder was the only thing keeping me connected with the outer world.

'Did I ruin your moment with your ex?

Cherish your moments while you're still alive...'