Chapter 33: Distorted reality

There was a huge difference between pretending to be okay and be actually okay.

While I was claiming to be okay to my own self, the pieces of their conversation trudges its way in my mind slowly and in an instant, that pretense of my fake 'okay', mask of my fake calmness came shattering down into million pieces.

It's been half an hour since I came to my room, flopped on the bed and no other soul has entered into the room since then. Akashi was suppose to bring my medicines, before I heard all of their conversation. He would come to the room sooner or later and as bad as I was in confronting people, my raging mind was surprisingly waiting patiently to do just that.

If he did come to my room right after ending the conversation, I probably would've lashed out at him, spewing out all the hurtful words I could muster up. But he didn't. The loud argument ended almost half an hour ago and still there was no sight of Akashi. And as much as I wanted to confront him about all the lies he fed me and all the secrets he kept from me, my mind started to calm down as the time went. And I started to think more rationally.

My eyes absent-mindedly glanced at my cracked phone lying on the bed.

I was suppose to call Shu.

I took the phone and after some minutes of struggle I finally found Shu's contact number through the broken screen. I pressed the phone near my ear as I slowly trudged my way towards the window. I glanced up at the starry night sky as I heard the ringing noise of Shu's phone.

"Hello."

"Hey, Shu. It's Ena."

"Yeah, I know."

"So... I saw your text. Why did you want me to call suddenly?"

"I wanted to know how you were..."

"Oh, I'm well now, I think. The doctor checked me up thoroughly and the meds were bitter. So I guess, I'd okay by tomorrow."

"I see... where are you right now?"

I frowned. "Where do you think I would be right now, this late at night?"

"You're not at your house."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because I'm in front of your house right now."

"Stalker much?" Despite my joking, my voice was hard and cold.

"I just wanted to see you suddenly."

With that my face softened. "I'm at his house."

"Still?"

"Yeah. A lot of things happened and I don't think I can fill you up with all the details right now on the phone."

"..."

"Shu?"

"Yeah?"

"... Don't worry. I'm fine..."

"Okay."

"..."

"Well You're coming to college tomorrow, right? You can fill me up with all the details then."

"Actually, I wanted to talk to about that. I don't think I can make it to college tomorrow. Can you please talk to the dean for me?"

"Ena... did anything happen?"

"I told already, didn't I? A lot of things happened..."

"And you'll tell me everything, right?"