Chapter 15: A dark heart

I would be lying if I say that I was not surprised when Aihana, the current girlfriend of Akashi called on a Sunday morning and asked me to meet her very nicely and politely at a restaurant. She must have gotten my phone number from the café.

I was completely stunned by her soft tone and for a moment I actually regretted to call her a bitch in mind. I wasn't the type of person who would forget someone's fault or wrongdoings easily and melt as soon as they apologize. I wasn't the type who holds grudges against others either, but I try to avoid them at all costs. But her action took me totally off guard.

So that was why I was standing alone in front of a particular posh restaurant on the town wearing a plain white linen shirt with a pair of blue jeans. I inhaled and entered the restaurant stealthily. 'Here goes nothing.'

As soon as I entered the restaurant, my eyes managed to spot Aihana sitting beside the window within a second. She was a graceful woman, I must admit. She was literally glowing even in her simple baby pink blouse and white mini skirt. Her light brown silky hair was curled up framing her beautiful heart shaped face cutely. Her round green eyes met my dead blue ones before I started walking toward her table.

I stood in front of her table. "Um... Hi."

She looked at me up and down thoroughly. "You don't really look his type..." She mumbled to herself.

I didn't get that correctly, so I asked again. "Sorry?"

Her green eyes snapped up to mine surprised and realized her confusing behavior. She stood up from her chair and took out her hand. "We haven't met properly yet. Hello, I'm Aihana Hirosawa. Nice to meet you." She smiled at me politely.

I was stunned at her politeness. This girl totally seemed like a different person than the one I saw the other day. How can a person's personality change so drastically within a week I don't know but I wasn't complaining either. I shook her hand gently. "Hi... Um, I'm Ena. Nice to meet you too."

She chuckled cutely squinting her eyes. "It must be confusing for you. I'm really sorry for my behavior that day. I realized that what I did was completely wrong, so the only way I felt that I could feel good if I apologize to you properly."

"No, no, no!" I said frantically. "There's no need to apologize. It was partly my fault too. Besides, didn't you heard the saying, 'the customer is always right'. It's okay, really."

"Still, I want to apologize. I am extremely sorry. Is your hand okay now?"

"Yes, I'm fine. It was just coffee, nothing serious. All good."

"Thank goodness." She smiled. She actually looked relieved which made me even more confused. It was not like I never met any rude customers in the cafè but none of them ever apologized to me like this and I never felt bothered about it either. I did believe in what I said, 'the customer is always right.' So yeah, this Aihana; a girl who came with my ex husband, was confusing the hell out of me with her bipolar behavior.

"Since we're here, why don't we have lunch together? My treat." She offered me smiling.

It was a free food offer, so I really couldn't let this chance slip away from my hand. I was a cheap person. "Sure, I'd love to." I agreed, smiling for a completely different reason.

The waiter came and she ordered nothing more than some green salads and water. I guess she was on a diet or something, but I clearly didn't see the need. She was in perfect shape. I ended up ordering sukiyaki, pickled cucumbers and inarizushi as a side. Akashi always thought my taste was weird.