Chapter 18: It's called double

I looked him in the eyes and wasn't properly aware of anything around me. The air between us became so intense and tensed that I almost thought I would be short of breath soon.

We were not some simple divorced couple after all. We had a history darker than anyone.

"Are you okay?" I didn't notice, but Shu ran up to me and stood beside me to check if I was alright. He really was taking my suggestion seriously, wasn't he?

Akashi's calculating eyes shifted to Shu and stared at him coolly. When the black haired boy noticed me staring at the man in front me, he looked at him too. For some very weird reasons, Akashi's intense intimidation didn't affect Shu much.

I snapped back from my trance and looked up at Shu smiling. "I'm alright. Wasn't that much of a hard fall."

"You should look around while walking." Akashi stated coldly. "You have eyes for a reason."

I turned to him and smiled softly. "Well, I can say the same thing to you too, but I don't want to waste my time here anymore. Thanks for knocking me down by the way."

Akashi's golden heterochromatic eye twitched in annoyance when he turned to look at Shu. "And judging by your concern for her, you must be pretty close to her."

"That's none of your business." Shu said abruptly. "What matters is that you're no one to her- as much as I know- and you have no right to talk like that."

Akashi's glare was fiercer than I've ever seen. It was like he could burn the black haired boy just by staring. "Watch your tone with me. You're in no place to talk to me in that way." His voice was so cold that I almost felt bad for Shu.

"Sei-kun~" A very high pitched shrilly voice called out from afar shifting our attention.

A beautiful curvy girl with light brown silky hair and big green eyes came running at us, clicking her high heels on the floor. Aihana.

She was wearing a light orange sundress with matching heels. Her face was shining like always as she stood beside Akashi and clung onto him like a gum.

"I thought I lost you, Sei-kun~!" She whined. "Don't ever do that, 'kay?"

Akashi smiled at her. And I stared at his smile, wondering if it was real or not. Then I scoffed.

She finally decided to pay us some attention and when her big round eyes met my dull blue ones, she exclaimed. "Oh, Ena-chan! What a coincidence to meet you here~! We just keep bumping into each other, don't we~?"

I literally cringed at her fake sweetness. She was still salty at me for meeting with his beloved boyfriend here and there. But in my defense, it was purely coincidental and totally unintentional. If only she had any idea about our past...

I wonder what made Akashi to date a shallow woman like that.

I heard Shu beside me stifled a laugh. I looked at him, surprised and he mouthed a 'what a coincidence~' in a very girly manner, imitating Aihana. I stifled my laugh too and I saw Akashi staring at us with dead eyes with my peripheral vision.

"Hey, Aihana." I said coyly. "Looks like we ran into each other again."

She smiled very, very sweetly. Then she looked at Shu. "Ah, you're that rude boy from that café." She exclaimed. I, again, stifle my giggle.

"The name's Shu." Shu said in a dead voice.

"Ohhh~!! I knoww!!" She looked between us with a smirk playing on her painted lips. "You guys are dating, aren't you?"

"NO, WE ARE NOT!!" Shu and me denied loudly in unison. Then looked at each other baffled.

Akashi just stared at me and I avoided his eyes uncomfortably.

Aihana clapped in joy and maybe in relief too. Now, she was thinking that I had a boyfriend and not hitting on her beloved boyfriend. Shallow. I never hit on Akashi in the first place- I wanted to hit him several times though.

"Oh, you totally are!!" She grinned. "Aww! You guys look sooo cute! Don't you think so, Sei-kun~?" She looked up at Akashi with dreamy eyes.

Me and Shu just remained silent with deadpan looks. It was useless to argue with a blockheaded girl like her. Maybe even Shu understood that too. In some weird way, I felt that Shu's thoughts were similar to mine most of the times even though he never talked much.

Akashi didn't even glance at Aihana as he glared at me. No, it wasn't glare. It was something else. Something I couldn't pinpoint. An expression I couldn't comprehend.

But I did feel a shiver running down my spine.

"Oh wait, I have an idea!!" Aihana chirped without realizing the tense atmosphere around us. I clutched the yellow sweater hard. “Since we met here like fate, let's go on a double date!"

I choked on my own bile. Shu choked on his own bile. First hearing about fate, then about double date. Akashi just remained stone faced, staring at me and Shu.

"Me and Sei-kun were on our Sunday date anyway. It will be super fun if we have a double-Sunday-date!! Don't you think?"

I regained my composure and smiled at her as sweetly-tightly possible. "It would have been great, but we don't want to interfere be---"

"Oh no, you won't," This time Akashi spoke up. I could feel the taunt in his voice. "I also think it's a brilliant idea." He looked at Aihana with adoration in his eyes and patted her head. I could see Aihana almost melted under his touch and felt so proud of herself to come up with the idea.

I looked up at Shu beside me. "What should we do?" I whispered at him desperately. I would do anything to get out of this situation luck has put me through as fast as possible.

"Let me handle this." Shu muttered at me with reassuring eyes. I don't why, but I suddenly felt relieved... Shu was dependable person. He helped me twice after all…

"Okay. Then we would love to join."

'SAY WHAT?!'

I snapped my head back at Shu so fast that it almost broke my neck. What the hell was he thinking?! Had he gone crazy!? Why in the world did he agree to go with them; in this stupid double date if we were not a couple in the first place!

I take back everything I said earlier. I feel so not relieved. He was so not a dependable person.

Aihana clasped her hands together in contentment and smiled widely. "Great! Let's go and grab something to eat first~. For which I have a brilliant place in my mind by the way!"

She grabbed Akashi's arm, pressing herself onto him and turned around to lead us wherever she planned to go in this stupid date. Stupid double date. After throwing an emotionless glance at our direction, Akashi also turned around with her giddy, chirpy girlfriend.

I went to the counter and paid for the yellow panda sweater I chose for Haruka and got out of the store with Shu beside me.

I pulled him down angrily and whispered in his ear. "Care to tell me what the hell are you doing?" Aihana and Akashi walked ahead of us and eventually leading us out of the huge mall.

"Do you think I'm working without a plan?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

I was confused now. What have I gotten myself into?

_

A/N: Finally 3K!!!! Like what the efffing fff!!! You guys are so awesome and great and it always makes me happy, even if I'm having a shitty day, to know that you guys are enjoying this book and I just wanna thank you guys which I do all the time but I still wanna do it anyway because you guys are so freaking AWESOME amd great and I have no others words in my stock to describe my feelings anymore... Ok, Imma stop now, I make no sense.

Let me know about your opinions and thoughts in the comment section. And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Edited.

||By my leave||