Chapter 3: It's just a business

"To put it simply, you're going to be our son's toy." The man who was sitting in front of me crossing his legs said nonchalantly. There was no emotion in his voice.

I looked up to the man, whose name was Mr. Kajanoka I found out later. I said nothing in reply.

But what surprised me the most was my own mind. How it was completely blank and devoid of any feelings. The cruel and horrendous incidents of my pathetic life left me entirely numb and empty when I was supposed to cry my eyes out and start making a revenge plan against my lovely mom. Maybe I was literally at my wit's end. 

"And in return we'll pay for your studies." Mrs. Kajanoka said lightly.

"So, to put it bluntly, you bought me to make me your sadistic, psychopathic son's so-called toy and I have to let him do whatever he wants with me until he’s satisfied. I can't complain if he abuses me because if I do, I'll be kicked out from this beautiful family". I said sarcastically and venomously.

Mr. Kajanoka coughed a bit, but it didn't seem like my sarcastic retort affected him one bit. He continued to stare at me.

"And it will be a huge problem for you since you don't have any place or family to return." Mrs. Kajanoka said in a monotone voice. “Your own mother sold you off, after all.”

I looked down at my lap. I felt a painful tug in my heart hearing cruel words but no, there were no tears threatening to fall in my eyes. I sat still on my chair.

'I'm the daughter of an exceptionally loving mother, after all.'

"Why don't you take him to a doctor or something?" I asked. There was no curiosity in my voice but I still asked them.

"We did. No therapy, no medicine can cure him. This is the only thing we can do to keep our son happy as parents."

"You're sick." I spat as their idea of being a good parent made me want to puke.

"Sick?" Mr. Kajanoka asked me amused. "You really think you can say that when your own mother sold you for 30000 yen? "

I remained silent and motionless. This time it took all my self-control to stop myself from bursting out in tears. 

"Don't worry. He will not never hurt you sexually if that's what you're afraid of. He is just 11, Ena."

"Then?" I whispered in a hoarse voice.

"Just know this for now. You'll get to understand him on your own later. Think it as a give and take business. We'll give you the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious schools in the country, live a high profile life, in return you just have to help our child with your body."

I remained silent as I thought about my situation keeping my rationality as intact as possible in this state. I had nowhere to go. I had no family and I definitely had no money. Even if I escaped from this house I had nowhere to return. If I let this chance slip away from my hand, I've to end up in the streets and then I'll literally die from starvation. 

Besides, they don't want much. Just my body. That might sound sexual when I put it into words, but it was not. I can finish my studies from a good school if I agree. Maybe then I could think about escaping this hell. 

"What do I need to do?" I asked quietly. If my own mother can sell her only daughter, then what's wrong about me in selling my own body? And it's not like I'm going into prostitution or something.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Kajanoka smiled brightly. "You've made the right decision, Ena." Mr. Kajanoka said happily.

"But we need to make some preparations first." Mrs. Kajanoka said.