Chapter 8: My twisted fate

I rushed out of the shop bidding everyone goodbyes as soon as my shift ended. I had no words to explain how I was feeling- no, nothing positive. Staying inside the cafe, I felt like my windpipe was blocked with cotton pads and my chest felt heavy with unknown emotions. I felt as if my chest would only feel light if I could scream out of my lungs. 

Maybe my sudden encounter with Akashi was too much for me to handle.

Kazuma and Ukita looked pretty worried about my sudden change of behavior even when I told them again and again that I was completely fine- which I was definitely not, mind you. Tsunada didn't come back even when the shop closed down which made Mrs. Nakamoto annoyed and furious enough to leave me alone for the day. 

But I was still dreading confronting Shu. He did say I had to tell him what this was all about. I didn't have any encounter with the black haired boy for the rest of the day for which I am glad. But in the back of my mind I know I had to confront him sooner or later. 

I hate confrontation. I always did.

The east cold wind of Kyoto hit my pale bare skin indicating the winter's arrival as I hugged my body tighter to create some warmth. I took out my navy blue woolen scarf from my ghastly bag and wrapped it around my neck. I got it as a birthday present from Haruka last year. Since I came out through the back door which was only used by the workers so I had to take the longer route today. I walked for a while absentmindedly until I reached the busy main road.

The expensive vehicles were dashing to their destination through the road as I waited for the traffic light to turn red so that I could cross the road. Suddenly someone walked up to me and stood beside me. I didn't put much thought into it as I didn't even look at the person until I heard his deep voice.

"What are you doing here?"

Hearing the very, very familiar voice, I snapped my head towards him so fast that it would have broken my neck. What the hell! Didn't he go home with that curvy chick already? And I could've broken my neck here for God's sake!!

There he was, standing with his usual unreadable expression and calculating red eyes studying my every action. His red hair was vibrant even in the dark complimenting his whole intimidating look. I cursed myself internally for checking him out subconsciously. 

I bit my inner cheeks. I have to keep my composure and stay calm. Don't lose it, Ena. Don't lose it. You can lose it when you reach home but not here...

"What I do here or anywhere, I don't think it's any of your business." I said very politely yet my sharp remark seemed to surprise him a bit. 

"Still the snarky one, I see." He whispered to himself as I furrowed my brows in irritation. "… How have you been… Ena?" His almost soft tone almost startled me.

I chuckled scornfully. My blue eyes held nothing but disgust and hatred as I looked at him straight in his red and golden orbs. "Why do you wanna know? So that you can throw me again on the street broken and continue your so-called mission to kill me slowly?"

Finally I was able to break his intimidating facade as he looked at me slightly wide eyed. Of course, he didn't expect me to bring that topic so openly and suddenly, and not to mention our first unexpected meeting in the last four years. He was always good at calculating other's moves but he always failed to do it with me. And he knew it. He always did. 

Either it was my ability or his carelessness around me.

"What in the world made you think I wanted to...?" He asked me slowly.

I laughed again. I was astonished when my laugh reminded me of one of those evil laughter in the movies. "As if kicking me out in the streets without a single penny and throwing all those insults and shame are any less than strangling me to death."

His expression changed into a dark and unfathomable one. "Ena, don't you even dar --"

I raised a hand in the air to cut him off in the midst. "Don't call me in that name. Not like I have any other name to call but anyway. So it'll be easy if you don't call me at all."

He exhaled sharply. I can tell he was annoyed, like really, really annoyed. He never liked it when someone bossed him around, giving orders. But I couldn't care less. I was no one to him. He was no one to me. 

I didn't know why but suddenly I felt so tired. Tired of all these drama that was circulating around my pitiful life. I had enough ex-husband drama for one day. How can someone's luck be against their favor so much?

I really was born with the worst and most twisted fate. 

Just like my mother once said to me. I shrugged the memory off.

I sighed. "But I am glad," I muttered smiling softly and genuinely. "I am glad that you've finally found someone trustworthy in your life."

He looked at me straight in the eyes kind of intimidatingly, knowing what I was indicating. I felt uncomfortable but not intimidated. I was not linked with him anymore. I was a free woman. He doesn't get to tell me what I do or not. He can't order me around.

I looked at the traffic light and found out that it turned red as all the vehicles stopped. I exhaled as I pushed the dark blue bangs from my forehead which was covering my vision slightly to look at him clearly again. I smiled at him softly and he looked at me expressionless. But no matter how expressionless he wanted to appear in front of me, I knew him better. Better than anyone. There was no hatred in my heart for this crimson haired man. 

No matter how much I want I can never hate this red haired boy who caught me in my darkest of times.

Even though he was the one who threw me away after.

"Goodbye, Akashi." I said softly.

His brows furrowed as his chiseled jaw clenched. "It's Seijuro for you."

"Not any more."

I smiled lightly as I turned around to cross the road. No one followed me as I crossed the main road. I didn't even expect him to. I didn't look back. I didn't have a heart to do that. His talking in a deep voice was still playing inside my brain like the broken radio my mother had back then.

It had been four years and I still couldn't let him go fully. I knew there was something wrong with me but I didn't know I was this much of a damn screw-loose.

But that didn't matter to me much anymore. I was used to living with thousand folds of pain in my daily life, countless inflicts inside my heart and I was still alive, very much alive. Love was a luxury for me that I could never afford- or maybe didn't want to afford anymore. And whatever the reason, Akashi was the least of my concern right now.

I had to pay my bills and this month's rent. The landlady would literally kill me this time if I pay late again. I sighed again.

_

A/N: EDITED.

*waves nervously" H-hello everyone...

*quickly rolls up into a ball using a blanket*

Kuroko: *sighs* Author-san is really sorry for her late update. She was very busy with the exams and all that stuff.

*faint sound of crying and hiccups come from inside the blanket*

Kuroko: *pats the rolled up blanket* Don't cry, Raven. It's alright. I am sure they will understand your situation.

*sounds of whimper again*

Kuroko: Oh and also, this chapter is also edited. Vote, comment and share. Maybe it will make her update sooner. *smiles*

||By my leave||