Chapter 31: Basketball & us

After a bitter and awkward breakfast, I quickly rushed back to the room where I slept earlier. It was the guest room, I knew all too well. It would had been uncomfortable for both of us if Akashi placed me in his room. Internal shudder.

I turned off the lights and flopped on the bed, rubbing my palms on the soft, silky bedsheets. My mind was all over the place. I heard my ex husband's engagement news, got on not one but two life threatening accidents where I could have literally died. My soul would had been floating around the place right now if it wasn't for Shu and... well, Akashi.
I wonder who would go to such lengths to kill me. I mean, who was I? No one.

My subconscious mind instantly zeroed onto a specific person.

Aihana?

I frowned deeply. Did she know about me and Akashi? I don't think so. Akashi would never make that mistake of letting her know. Still my mind didn't feel at ease. Something about her bothered me yesterday. I didn't understand what is was, but her stare felt different, her looks felt different, as if she knew something I didn't. I I didn't have the guts to ask about it directly either.
My stomach churned in a strange way. She was Akashi's fiancee now.

Suddenly, I heard some faint noise from downstairs. Hearing the commotion, it felt there was a lot of people.
Confused, I went towards the window, from where I could see the garden and the entrance gate. A shiny black car sped away as soon as I looked outside the window. Seemed like someone came to the house; even though I was curious, I didn't feel like going downstairs right now.

And another reason that made me glued to my spot was the scenery in front of me. The majestic garden of the Akashi mansion looked so lovely and glorious under the bright sunlight that I became speechless momentarily. The enchanting garden was filled with various kinds of flowers. Roses, sunflowers, lilies, daisies, jasmine, daffodils, azaleas and lots of other other flowers turned the garden into a colourful paradise.

Staring at it unblinking, I was awed by it's ethereal beauty and at the same time, my mind drifted off.

I remembered why I used to love this place so much aside from the fact that I was living with the man I loved. Then my gaze zeroed on a specific breed of rose.

Ena harkness.

This specific dark red breed of rose held so much memories that unwittingly my eyes watered.
I remembered how Akashi used to say that how this flower reminded him of me. And how it perfect symbolizes our love.

The color red as him. The name Ena as me.

My mind snapped back to reality when I heard the door of my room slowly creaked open. Wiping my eyes, I turned around hearing the noise and saw no one.

"Ena-san."

I jumped when I heard a voice right beside me and I saw a teal haired man looking at me with the same coloured eyes.

"Kuroko-kun!" I exclaimed clutching my chest in fright. "You scared me there! What if I'm prone to heart attacks or something. You can never know!"

"Are you really?"

"... um no, not really."

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you Ena-san."

"It's alright. Chill." I smiled cheekily.

Then he stared at me for some time. I raised my brows, my smile became a confused one. His eyes roamed over the bandaged places of my body and he heaved a deep sigh.

"How are you feeling now?"

I smiled. "I'm okay now. Don't worry. The doctor said I can jump around in three days."