When The Hand That Fed Gets Bitten Part I

"It's particularly hard to take being stabbed in the back close to home. There's always a feeling of betrayal when people of your own group oppose you." 

- Catharine MacKinnon

From her kneeling position, she looked up at him and looked him in the eye. "You best pull the f*cking trigger, Vincent." There was a torn expression on his face, tears were streaming down. "I told you. I would do anything for my family." Arden violently jerked from his position. He too, was bounded and forced into a kneeling position. Vincent looked desperate, his hold on the gun was wavering until his friend called him out from the balcony. 

"We gotta go! They're waiting on us!" Aliya's eyes shut when two shots rang out. Vincent quietly put down a knife on the floor some steps away from their position. "Act dead. Leave this place after we leave. We will come back to check." He hoped that her stubbornness won't overpower her logic here. She only stared at him coldly, challenging him to pull the trigger. He wiped the sweat off his forehead and his tears away, "I hope you can forgive me one day." 

He ran out, Meredith and the kids were already in the truck with the friend. The friend's chuckling was like nails on a chalkboard. She wanted to rip his throat out. 

When they heard the engine run, Arden immediately crawled towards the knife that Vincent dropped. "Aliya, are you alright?" He struggled cutting the rope that bind his wrists together before cutting the rope on his ankles. When he finished, he looked to her, "Aliya, say something." But she just stayed staring out of the window while a tear rolled down her face. 

"I'm gonna f*cking kill him." 

...three weeks ago...

A loud boom startled all of them, Aliya immediately going out to investigate, her rifle clutched tightly. Arden and Vincent came out to follow her, "What the hell was that?" She looked back at them, looking around. "Where's Mer and the kids?" Vincent pointed inside, "They're hiding." With flared nostrils, she nodded and made her way into the direction of the boom. 

It could be a helicopter crash, a burst pipe, a gas leak, it could be anything! But they needed to check and make sure that it wasn't an attack. It sounded too close. "Hey friends!!" It was an immediate reaction, an immediate response to the sound of a voice - she drew her weapon and aimed it. "Woah! Woah! Wait! I'm just greeting an old friend!" Her brows furrowed at the arrogant air oozing from the man. She followed his gaze which fell on Vincent. 

She called him out, "Vincent?" but Vincent didn't pay her any mind, his cold and hard gaze was trained on the man. "Ezekiel." He tried to catch his gaze but after a few seconds, she gave up and looked back at the man once again, jerking the rifle. "What the hell was that explosion?" Ezekiel's gaze slowly left Vincent as he looked at Aliya. "Oh, that was just a car that blew up." He chuckled, finding the situation funny. "My car." He frowned to himself a bit before smiling once again.