The Tombs

"Tombs are the clothes of the dead and a grave is a plain suite; while an expensive monument is one with embroidery."

- R. Buckminster Fuller 

Daryl was surveying the woods as Merle did his business in a nearby tree. His crossbow was aimed at eye-level as he moved it around. 

Lowering his crossbow, he called out to Merle, "Ain't nothing out here but mosquitos and ants." he grumbled, antsy about the stillness of the forest. He wasn't used to being small anymore, not used to not having others to back you up. Merle scoffed, "Patience, li'l brother." he looked back at him slightly. 

----

Michonne looked up at Aliya in the watchtower as they both watched Rick converse with the wind. Both of them opted to stay outside of the building itself but with different reasons. Aliya sighed as she watched Rick through her scope, feeling sorry for him. 

With an exchange of nod between the two outsiders, Aliya climbed down of the watchtower and made her way into the prison. She was greeted by Carol with a polite smile which she returned timidly. 

Aliya weaved through the others and headed straight to Hershel. Noticing that she was waiting to talk to him, Hershel looked up from his chore, "Anything I could do for you, Aliya?" he adjusted his crutches and pointed at her wounds, "Want me to check them out for you?" She politely shook her head, caressing her wounds lightly. 

"I just wanted to ask if I could go out?" 

She didn't notice that Maggie was just in earshot as Hershel asked her in shock, "You want to leave?" his eyebrows raised in shock. She immediately shook her head and waved her hands, "That's not what I meant!" her voice raised in panic. Maggie noticed this too and barged in the cell, "You're leavin'?" her eyes wide. 

Aliya sighed and shook her head, "No." she shook her head at the father-and-daughter once more. Sitting down on the bed bunk, she started explaining, "I just have to check something." she whispered. 

"There's this cabin that my friends used to live in." she stated with a smile, the fond memories of meeting Cecil and the others for the first time warmed her heart. "They might've escaped Camellia and went there." she looked at them with hopeful eyes, "Merle might've been wrong." she noticed the look the father and daughter exchanged but she ignored it. 

"We all know how frequently wrong Merle is." she whispered more to herself than them. 

Maggie inched closer to her, "When do we leave?" she put a supportive hand around Aliya's shoulder and squeezed her gently.