Your Brand-New Beginning

"When you reach the end of what you should know, you will be at the beginning of what you should sense." 

- Kahlil Gibrán 

"Found ya." 

Aliya froze in her crouched position as she felt the butt of a gun tap the back of her head. She was a few steps away from the other two when they suddenly crouched down. Daryl had looked back at her then and mouthed Glenn's name. She understood that something had happened to the others when they separated. 

Too focused on the others, Daryl and Rosita didn't realise and notice that they haven't looked back in a few seconds. But it's too late now as Dwight pulls Aliya up by her nape, holding her to his chest, taking her hostage. 

Dwight's bicep flexed on Aliya's throat, making her groan in pain as she try to pry it off of her throat. Her eyes watered as he dragged her towards the two. She helplessly watched as Glenn tried to warn Daryl by shaking his head and widening his eyes. Glenn groaned at the same time as Aliya scratched Dwight's bicep with its vice-like grip. 

Dwight clicked his gun's safety and pointed it at the back of Daryl's head, "Hi, Daryl." he whispered mockingly in a sing-song tune. 

Aliya groaned as she finally let go only to be caught by another saviour. The man roughly grabbed her, encasing her inside his big burly arms. Daryl's eyes stayed rooted on the struggling girl. This was what he was afraid would happen. 

This is why he wanted to do it alone. Now everybody he loves is in danger. Looking between Aliya and Dwight made his heart ache. Dwight was out for blood and is fixated with them both. It's no doubt that he would resort to hurting Aliya to hurt him the most. Aliya and Daryl's eyes connected for a split second before Aliya threw her head back harshly, hitting the man on the nose. 

And a gun goes off. 

Aliya

I just took off running. 

I just ran.

Ran. 

And ran. 

Until my legs decided to give out from under me.