The Acceptance

"Accepting help is its own kind of strength." 

- Kiera Cass

It was now daytime and a clear road is just a few meters away from them. A slinging of a sword being drawn and a gun cocking alerted Rick, putting his arm up in an attempt to calm the raging Glenn and katana woman. "Now we got a problem here, we all just need to calm down." 

Daryl immediately positioned himself in front of his brother, protecting him from the others. Rick stood by Daryl's side, his gun drawn on the woman. Aliya's hold on her gun tightened as the temptation of blowing Merle's head off became more intense. Daryl looked back at her briefly and stared her down, his hand still up trying to get Glenn to put his gun down. 

Merle looked around and chuckled nervously, "Hey, we both took our licks man!" his smile faltering a bit when he glanced at Aliya's expressionless face. Daryl immediately apprehended his brother, "Jackass." he growled before looking back at Glenn and the others. In the excitement of being back with his brother, Merle responded, "Hey! Shut up!" Which pissed Rick off. 

He looked back at Merle and glared, "Enough!" before he looked back at the woman and demanded her to put her katana down. Seeing that Glenn wasn't gonna put the gun down, Daryl pushed it away, "Man, get that thing outta my face!" as Merle chuckled with his back on the trees. 

Merle started moving his big ass mouth which broke Aliya's patience. She marched towards Merle and punched him in the face with all her might. "I'm sick of you talking!" she growled as she straddled him, landing punches after punches in his face. Merle smiled as his brother wrapped his arms around Aliya's waist and pulled her away. 

"Hey!" Daryl growled in her ear before pushing her to the side. Aliya glared at Daryl who glared back at her. Merle chuckled teasingly as he wiped some blood off of his lips. "If ya wanted to get dirty, you should've just asked!" he winked at Aliya, grinding her gears. She tried to lunge at him but Rick's hand shot up to her arm and pulled her back. Daryl looked back at his brother in anger, "Merle! Shut the hell up!" to which Merle just shrugged and pouted. 

Merle looked at the woman, "...his wood in your girlfriend Andrea." he licked his upper lip disgustingly. Glenn stammered, "Andrea is in Woodbury?" he was in disbelief. Daryl was the one who answered him, "Right next to the governor." his voice became low, a slight sense of betrayal in his voice. 

Aliya stumbled slightly, the exhaustion and hunger was starting to settle in. Maggie held onto Aliya, "Hey." she whispered gently into her ear, trying to get Aliya to steady herself. She cleared her throat and nodded at her, "I'm okay." she wiped a cold sweat in her forehead as she tuned in on what the others were talking about. 

Rick and the others were discussing about a woman named Andrea who spent all winter with the woman with the katana. Merle unnecessarily spewing out some of his rotten comments. "...kind of ironic now that I think about it." he chuckled at the woman, obviously trying to rile her up for a reaction. Daryl whipped his head towards his brother, "Shut up, bro!" he snarled at him, desperate to get his brother to shut his mouth.