Nibble On That, Hot Stuff

"There is a saying that no man has tasted the full flavour of of life until he has known poverty, love, and war." 

- O. Henry 

A bad acid trip

That's what it felt like for Daryl and Aliya. 

One minute they made an enemy, who became their friends, who then became their enemies once again, the next minute, they're reunited with a worried Sasha and an unsettlingly peaceful uniformed Abraham. Squished between Sasha and Abraham, Aliya side-eyed Abraham subtly, trying to observe his face but there was only content in his eyes. Not that she's unhappy that Abraham found peace, it's just unsettling since this was Abraham they are talking about. 

Breaking the silence, Daryl put the radio against his lips, "Rick, you copy?" he pressed the button but there was only static. Determined and optimistic, he tried once again and finally got a response. Only it wasn't what any of them had wanted. 

"Help." 

==+==

It was a tense and silent car ride. No words came out of their mouths even though their minds were overflowing with thoughts. Who was that man on the radio? What was going on back in Alexandra? What's keeping them from responding to their radio calls? Why the hell is Abraham not running his mouth? Why is Aliya so restless? Why is Sasha looking over at Abraham every hour? 

As they round up the curve, Sasha and Daryl sat up straight, inching closer to the windshield as if something intriguing caught their eyes. Aliya elbowed Abraham gently and signalled for him to look up ahead. In the middle of the road were a group of bikers, clad in heavy-duty clothing and heavy weaponry, watching them as they came to a slow stop. 

The man in front of them had an arrogant twang in his tone as he waved for them to get out of the truck. Immediately, Aliya's already short fuse has snapped, ready to run her mouth to blow off some steam but was immediately tapped by Abraham. Power really was intoxicating as the man in front blabbed on, smugly but subtly laying down his threats. Aliya sneaked a peak over at Daryl whose jaw was clenched in control as he turned the ignition off. He momentarily looked over Aliya and gave her a nod, telling her to obey as the man has said. 

Begrudgingly, Abraham opened the door and hopped off, offering Aliya a hand which she used to help her to the ground. Moving towards Daryl's side would just bring unnecessary attention and leverage for them to use so Aliya stayed rooted between Sasha and Abraham. A smirk made it's way to the man's lips as he looked at his men behind him, amused by the situation. He lifted to fingers in the air, "Step two; hand over your weapons." he motioned with his hand for them to hand it over.