Just A "Little More"

"Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." 

- Jim Rohn

The sound of Daryl's bike becoming quieter meant that he was driving away. The rumbling of heavy steel and the ring of rusted wheels scraping on rusted columns meant that the gates were closing after them. Aliya sat up from their bed and stretched her arms. Daryl had informed her that he would be going out in the morning. He must've slipped out when she was still asleep. 

A lingering feeling on her cheeks made her smile. Daryl kissed her goodbye before leaving the room. She smiled at she pushed herself out of bed, going straight to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wet her face. The woman in the mirror was familiar yet foreign. It has been a long time since she saw her own face and could see how hardened she has become. 

Her eyebrows are permanently angry while her eyes permanently sharp. She looked cruel so she tried to lift her lips into a smile but she looked silly. She was never the smiler even before all of this went down. She shook her head and splashed some water on the mirror, blurring her reflection. 

She had finally officially accepted being Alexandria's enforcer and frankly, she couldn't be more excited to have a job. She took the dark blue polo shirt that Deanna has given her and wore it with delight while she wore the jeans that Daryl has given her way back. 

Her eyes fell on the hair tie on her wrist and she pulled it off with ease, lifting her arms up to gather her thick hair into a bun while she walked out of the house. The sun smiled down on her as she looked around, her peaceful aura souring once she saw Aiden making his way towards her. 

Here we go now. 

Aliya

I quickly finished tying my hair up and swiped down some of my stubborn baby hairs and fly-aways. I could feel his footsteps nearing me and all I could do was roll my eyes as I anticipated the drama that was coming to play. It was embarrassing to say the least as I felt his eyes rake me up and down, "Aliya, fancy seeing you here." he greeted with a smile. I swallowed the lump in my throat before I turned to look at him with a forced smile. 

"In front of our house, of course." I responded, making sure that he understood that I knew that he went out of his way just to bump into me. He chuckled as he shook his head, "Was just walking around, getting my daily exercise, you know?" he explained with a laugh. I nodded my head in forced agreement before I pointed at his mother's house, "Gotta go." I immediately turned around to walk away when I felt his hand wrap around mine. 

I hissed like his hand burned me and harshly pulled my hand away, "Don't fucking touch me." I snarled, shaking my head harshly. Just because it's the end of the world, doesn't mean basic manners are dead. He lifted his eyebrow at me but slowly dropped my hand nonetheless, "Just wanted to see if you still had the stamp." he shrugged as if I was the unreasonable one. I blew a frustrated breath through my nose before I walked away.